New members Confirmation Emails NOT being received

ineedhelp

Since about yesterday, new members haven't been receiving Confirmation Emails - Why is this happening?

I've also made a test account to see if the problem was real or just uses entering fake or wrong email addresses...

And I too, did Not receive the confirmation email, even after clicking on Resend...

Please can someone help, this is pretty urgent, thanks.

Since about yesterday, new members haven't been receiving Confirmation Emails - Why is this happening?

I've also made a test account to see if the problem was real or just uses entering fake or wrong email addresses...

And I too, did Not receive the confirmation email, even after clicking on Resend...

Please can someone help, this is pretty urgent, thanks.

Have you checked over your email settings both in admincp and your hosting provider?

Moved from bug reports to troubleshooting.

This will likely be forum or server configuration issues, and/or spam related.
Confirm emails are being sent and if so, check spam folders.

Have you checked over your email settings both in admincp and your hosting provider?

I've never changed the settings...

Moved from bug reports to troubleshooting.

This will likely be forum or server configuration issues, and/or spam related.
Confirm emails are being sent and if so, check spam folders.

I've never changed any settings...

And users always got confirmation emails even when sent into junk folders...

How can I check these server and forum configurations?

I've never changed the settings...

I've never changed any settings...

And users always got confirmation emails even when sent into junk folders...

How can I check these server and forum configurations?

Login into your adminCP and check the settings you have for your email. Double check what you have in there against what you have in your hosting control panel.

There is only 2 email sections in the adminCP

one in Basic Board Information AND the other in Email Options

I've changed the Domain email in both places with a live.co.uk email address to see if it's a domain email issue

Still I didn't receive an email confirmation after clicking Resend confirmation email.

What else could be the problem?

My domain email address is working fine, both sending and receiving emails....

Kicks - I have always only entered my email address like you have, but I've never set up the SMTP settings, it's set on Default.... And ALWAYS worked perfectly until yesterday evening...

Brogan - I'll have a read but I doubt it'll help as things have been working fine until last night...

Am lost and confused, and new users are probably wondering what's wrong

E-mails are also NOT being received / delivered using the Contact Us feature at the bottom of the site...

Any ideas?
Yes.

Login to your hosting account and create an email address usable for your board something like "admin@yoursite.com", copy the configuration details that are provided, set your own password.

Using the configuration settings you got when setting up the email switch to SMTP email in your AdminCP, now test that you can receive emails.

Can you explain why everything has been working perfectly and now it's not?

Can any files have become corrupt? hacked into by some hacker?

How can i see the email logs on the server?

Top Bottom