New members Confirmation Emails NOT being received

ineedhelp

Since about yesterday, new members haven't been receiving Confirmation Emails - Why is this happening?

I've also made a test account to see if the problem was real or just uses entering fake or wrong email addresses...

And I too, did Not receive the confirmation email, even after clicking on Resend...

Please can someone help, this is pretty urgent, thanks.

If it isn't a dedicated server, you won't be able to see them. You'll need to ask your host. Mail is mostly handled by external stuff on the server as is.

Are there any recent errors in the server error log? (Under Tools.)

Have you recently deleted a language?

If it isn't a dedicated server, you won't be able to see them. You'll need to ask your host. Mail is mostly handled by external stuff on the server as is.

Are there any recent errors in the server error log? (Under Tools.)

Have you recently deleted a language?

Its not a dedicated server, normal hosting...

Ok........ I followed what you said and found 19 pages of UNABLE TO SEND MAIL

and 1 of this message.......... Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1-7' for key 1

What the hell is going on?

"Unable to send mail" indicates an error based on the configuration of PHP. You'll need to contact your host about that unfortunately. (Maybe the MTA program crashed.)

Is there anyway you can help me resolve this tonight please?

Like if i go into phpmyadmin - what do i check and correct and how?

The host is now closed and often they are not helpful as the database they offer, phpmyadmin is a third party thing... But depends who I get to speak to, some are helpful, some aren't.

ahahhahaha

I just realised - I replied to the wrong post, didn't I.

Meh! Fail!

To the OP, yes, unfortunatey you will need your host to look into this. Tell them that your forum software, written in PHP, has been sending registration emails fine up until a while ago. Show them a sample of the errors you've found and ask them to resolve the problem urgently.

They may have made some changes; upgraded the server software; etc.

If they ask you for anything and you don't understand what they want, then post here and we'll try to help if we can.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I just realised - I replied to the wrong post, didn't I.

Meh! Fail!

To the OP, yes, unfortunatey you will need your host to look into this. Tell them that your forum software, written in PHP, has been sending registration emails fine up until a while ago. Show them a sample of the errors you've found and ask them to resolve the problem urgently.

They may have made some changes; upgraded the server software; etc.

If they ask you for anything and you don't understand what they want, then post here and we'll try to help if we can.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Calling them is a waste, so I emailed them using there support form...

This what they said:

***Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 12th September 2011.

Your Email account has been temporarily suspended as you are sending over the server quota of emails allowed.

This cannot be raised I'm afraid as it is a restriction placed on our server to prevent Spam Blacklisting.

Please view the following link for information about restrictions and limits that apply to 123-reg's email services:

Emailing Restrictions

For further information regarding email and email setup, please click on the Email topic on our
123-reg support site.

If we can be of any further help with regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards***

----------------------------

What the hell? My site is new not even 2 weeks old and there's no more than 10 users registering a day, if less... and how the hell is that any sort of Spam?

Have they even identified the problem correctly?

--------------------------

Can I set up some other email, like my ISP email to work with the confirmation email sending? Or even a live.co.uk email account?

There's no sign of this issue resolving yet, Help plz...

LASTEST UPDATE:

They seem to have removed the "Restriction" now, for what reason it was applied and now removed (THANKFULLY) I do not know.

But all seems well, I've tested it and the emails are being sent.

Happy days!

This is why the restriction came into place:

***Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 12th September 2011.

You will need to stay within the following hourly/daily limits I'm afraid or your email services will again be suspended.

200 Per hour

500 Per day.

If we can be of any further help with regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Andy
123-reg***

They suggested I move over to a VPS - I can do, but I'm running a non-profit making Forum - I'd be paying around £25 (depending on which package i go for ) each month to keep it running it means...

Any tips?

Hmmm ... I suppose if your members have thread watching enabled (with email updates for every new post) and you have a few people signing-up each day, you could exceed those limits on occasion.

Does your host offer an option to extend the limits (maybe 1000 emails per day or something?).

Did you do a mass mailing recently? I've have had my email suspended for performing an un-throttled mass mailing that exceeded 400 per hour.

Hmmm ... I suppose if your members have thread watching enabled (with email updates for every new post) and you have a few people signing-up each day, you could exceed those limits on occasion.

Does your host offer an option to extend the limits (maybe 1000 emails per day or something?).

On the business shared hosting I have, those numbers are the MAX.
----------------

I've disabled " Receive email when a new conversation message is received" From the USER REGISTRATION - This should help?

Also by disabling this option - has this disabled the current user option as well?

If not is there a way to disable everyone's email option?

I recommend going with google apps and using that for your email provider. Most shared hosting is terrible for hosting email as well when it comes to spam. I've never had an issue using Google (gmail). There is a free version of google apps and it appears no different to the sender that google is hosting your email.

Top Bottom