New Gaming/Tech forum!

damowhite666

Hello there, I've set up a new forum called Forum 'n' Stuff!

The main theme for the forum will be about computers, but there are general forums & gaming forums to post. This is a brand new forum so there will only be one member & that would be me ;)

I do periodically gain FREE game codes for Steam/Origin. FREE game codes here

My forum also uses 256-bit encryption, yes it's a forum but having encryption will make it harder for hackers to steal your password!

I hope you like the look of my forum! :D

Currently working on changing the header/logo for the theme but I thought I could start to let people in. Let me know what you think!

Well. Here you go!

###EDIT###

https://forumnstuff.com/

Changed Domain! https://forumnstuff.com/

We own both (co.uk & .com) ;)

Forgot to mention. AD FREE! This forum will NEVER gain advertisements!

Very nice style, just needs content adding but the style which is basically the only thing i can comment is very good.

Nice forum! You have picked a great style for it.

The only thing I would suggest is to start off with less forums, and fill these forums with content - which I'm sure could be achieved in good time. :)

Good luck with your forum! (y)

Need some help on the use of images ? If you look at my forum banner at the top... What image laws am I breaking there ? If I am... What can I do ? I mean what kind of banner can I upload ? What images can I use. Rather not be sued/fined... Thanks :)

Nice theme but you may want to have an actual logo. It looks so nice and then you have that boring text saying Form 'n' Stuff. A logo image with some style over that gif would do wonders.

Personally, from my experience, you have far too many categories. I know it's an all in one forum but you have too much content spread too far apart, which makes your forum look empty. The best way for a forum to grow is to start small and expand. My forum took 2 years to get to it's current size, and since we timed it right, every forum is used every day. You wont see that for quite awhile and it'll scare off people.

The url is meh. Co.uk? You certainly are limiting your audience. An all in one forum wants a top level domain. You want everyone. Not just Europe. Co.uk....as an American user....personally that's not easy to remember and it's sort of a turn off.

Good start, but a long way to go. Good luck (y)

The url is meh. Co.uk? You certainly are limiting your audience. An all in one forum wants a top level domain. You want everyone. Not just Europe. Co.uk....as an American user....personally that's not easy to remember and it's sort of a turn off.

What do you mean ? Would using .com make a difference ?

A rather large difference. You are limiting your audience to Europe. It would be the same as I using the domain .US - I'd obviously be targeting the USA. Dot com, Dot, Net, and Dot Org are the biggest domain names on the net and are considered global. That's why everyone wants one. COM is the best you can get.

Installed the following.

• XenMoods
  • Taiga Chat (Soon paid version)
  • Tapatalk
  • Social
  • Online Status
:D Feeling quite proud!
Looking for a Portal that works for my theme.. Xenporta.. Doesn't quite work without a lot of problems :I Come across Widget portal though it's still in beta..

I like the style. scrolling header looks pretty sweet. Looks like you put a lot into this forum. I could be wrong though :x

How did you get a scrolling header? Bee trying to figure that out for a while now, and i don't get it. :eek:

Edit: I have to say. This forum does give that warm/dark feel. Perfect for those that do enjoy gaming. Reminds me of my old forum i used with phpbb. That nerdy forum feel in a good way. :D

Oh i like my theme so buying a whole style just for a scrolling header is kinda pointless lol. I'll have to see if i can make one myself, maybe have a vertical scrolling header though. I was very tempted to buy that Basik style of theirs a while back. One thing that's stopping me is the fact that i am going against another forum/server that uses that style. One of those "Oh you're copying me" things going on right now haha. Don't need that drama :x

I know it uses some sort of jquery code so i'll have to see about putting something together. :P

Top Bottom