New Gaming/Tech forum!

Pretty much pointless :p Ahh I see... Fair enough! Also, thank you for signing up, really do need the help to get this going :)

I have minecraft, so maybe I'll see you soon ;)

Good luck with your server & forum!

The game is addicting. It makes people lazy. You may find yourself playing more than you should be working on your forum haha. I'm sure if you do it right, you'll have a good amount of traffic on that site of your's in no time. ;)

Very addicting, I used to run a server but then after awhile just got fed up of updating plugins/waiting for plugins so closed it, also had a ton of greifers so. Thank you :) I hope it takes off :)

Personally, from my experience, you have far too many categories. I know it's an all in one forum but you have too much content spread too far apart, which makes your forum look empty. The best way for a forum to grow is to start small and expand. My forum took 2 years to get to it's current size, and since we timed it right, every forum is used every day. You wont see that for quite awhile and it'll scare off people.

I definitely have to say I agree with Cal on this one. To put it in perspective, you almost have a 1:1 ratio of forums to users. That's a lot of sections that need content. :eek:

Otherwise, interesting idea for a forum and I wish you the best of luck. Your setup for shoutbox reminds me that I need to style it's scroll bar on my website. :p

Agreed, the amount of nodes is scary, you have some with zero posts. I would honestly take a step back and look to see what you can combined, then UTILIZE PREFIXES!

The categories cover most of everything so I wont really need to add more as it grows hopefully :) & thank you!

That's not we're saying bro. You are right you don't need to add anymore. Subtract. Stat. Before it reflects negatively on your site lol.

Honestly, just consolidate. You're entire Computer Hardware category can be summed in one maybe two nodes. Merge the Apple category into one node. Coding can be merged into one node until you get enough content that merits individual node discussions.

General could use a trim as well. Video/Music could become a multimedia section, etc.

But enough of my backseat moderating. :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like good advice :) Think i'll take it ;)

I'll start merging later when I have time, take a look at my forum later ? Let me know what you think (y)

In my opinion, you still have too many nodes.

For example: Computer hardware, you just moved the nodes underneath that one. Think of it in the eyes of a guest hitting your website through a Google search. They want to talk computer hardware. They go to the section and see a bunch of nodes with one post each. Your forum looks dead to them and they bounce.

Now imagine if all that computer hardware talk was in just one node. You now have a node that has 11 discussions, they all relate to computer hardware, you look more active to the guest and it still isn't cluttered.

The idea is that you only break discussions into different nodes when the conversations are overwhelming to the topic of the node. Right now you only have a handful of members and the amount of quality content they will be able to generate will not fill all the nodes you have provided them. It hurts your forums because everything is stretched out so thin.

If you look at my website, I only have 11 nodes and ~100 users. Even that many nodes is a bit too much for my activity level. I'm still in the process of consolidating maybe one more node.

Really, you should stay at around ~10 forums, including subforums, with your activity base. Even with just 10 forums, you will not have enough content to fill them. Seriously, content is more important than having a forum for each nut and bolt.

Nice, your thread here already has 30,000 views because of proper keywords I think.

If I ever start a new community ill call it: New Gaming/Tech forum! :p

Made a lot of changes to the forum today.

• Added Xenportal!
  • Changed background
  • Theme is now fixed rather than fluid
  • Less forum categories
Merry Christmas everyone!! :)
christmas-animated-elf.gif

Top Bottom