1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Business Coach, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Business Coach

Business Coach Active Member

ok so apparently there is a new "no buying or selling"...but add-ons and 3rd party services are exempt

I am sure as the forum grows and we get closer to gold release many more will be implemented

can we get a central place with the "forum rules" listed

or did i just miss where it already exists :/
  2. Tomble

Tomble Active Member

That could be very handy so that people can quickly reference the rules and be sure they haven't missed any.
  3. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Similar request:
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

The site is new, the company is new, they are growing and learning as they go. Tweaking decisions .. They're not a marketplace. And want to focus on the xenforo community, ..
  5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Afaik, buying and selling is permitted, in the designated forum, as long as it is directly related to XenForo.
    At least that's what I understood.

EDIT: And I was wrong. :) Just went and re-read the guidelines myself.
  7. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Who actually reads rules anyway ?

If people would use standard forum protocol more we would not need a rigid set of rules to follow here.
    Peggy likes this.
  8. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

You can sell addons/skins here?
    Didn't think you could
  9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I think anything relating to xenforo is appropriate, such as skinning services, modding services, but that's my understanding of the post.
  10. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

XenForo styles, graphics, languages and add-ons both free and paid may be discussed, announced etc. in the appropriate XenForo Resources Forums. For third-party services we have the Third-Party Services forum.

This guideline is simply intended to prevent the XenForo forums becoming a general marketplace for people to buy and sell any old stuff. There are more appropriate places to do that.
  11. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Thank's for that
  12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

What, in your opinion then, Kier, constitutes "third party"?
  13. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Not from XenForo Ltd.
  14. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

WTS, pair of old socks, holey, only worn once, have pictures of xenforo developers taped to them.

..just kidding.
  15. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Check out xenfans marketplace today, it will get sold!
  16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

17. Business Coach

Business Coach Active Member

there are LOTS of varying prototcols at varying forums

sorry....wheree did you read that???