1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest New criteria for notices: "User has posted no more than X media items"

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Closed Suggestions' started by imthebest, Apr 10, 2015.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Currently people on my forum aren't using the Gallery that much. I want to promote it by using the notices system, I want to display a notice to those members who have not uploaded a single media yet but I can't proceed because currently there is only the following criteria: "User has posted at least X media items". What I need is the opposite: "User has posted no more than X media items".

Actually it would also make it consistent with how XenForo deals with posts and notices:

fsfs.png

Thanks,
    Super120

jeffwidman and Veer like this.
  2. jeffwidman

jeffwidman Active Member

Good idea, although I would probably prefer a user group promotion around this. Then I can do things beyond just notices with it. And notices can still be targeted at that specific usergroup.

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It can be done already, just involves more work.

Have a promotion that promotes users to group X when they have posted X media items.

Set up criteria that applies to all users not in group X then you are targeting users who have posted no more than X media items.

jeffwidman likes this.