Third party Nested list display

Sir nick

Hello found this bug earlier today.

As you can see below the picture proves it is formated correctly when making the thread.
2011-02-28_1928.webp

Now time to post... The formating disappears!
2011-02-28_1929.webp

The output indicates it's nested lists correctly. I can't confirm this on Chrome, FF, Opera, or IE8.

Can you link to an example that's doing this for you? Can you confirm it here? Also, what browser?

What about these questions?

Example - http://rackmountain.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/rackmountain-grand-opening-promotions.3/

Below is copied and pasted in from Microsoft Word 2010.

Base Camp
· 4GB of Diskspace
· 25GB of Bandwidth
· 3 Domains Allowed
· cPanel Control Panel (Information)
· Powered by LiteSpeed (Information)
· CloudLinux OS (Information
· RVSiteBuilder Pro (Information)
· R1Soft Backups (Information)
· Installatron (Information)
· Unlimited E-mail Accounts
· Unlimited FTP Accounts
· Unlimited MySQL Accounts
· Unlimited Subdomains
· Unlimited Email Accounts
· Unlimited MySQL Databases
· 99.5% Uptime Guarantee
· 5 Day Money Back Guarantee
o Pricing Monthly - $3.95 $2.95 - Order Now!
§ 6 Month Pre-Payment - $3.45 $2.45 - Order Now!
· 12 Month Pre-Payment – $2.95 $1.95 - Order Now!

The browser I'm using is RockMelt

I can see it happening, though what's coming out isn't actually a list so it may not be fixable.

This is indeed down to how Word represents the text as HTML - it's not actually a list, so it doesn't get converted as one. It uses some properties like text-indent or margins that are quite hard to translate (to the limited set of BB code), as well as some Word-proprietary ones (mso-list), combined with using fonts like Wingdings to represent the bullets.

We might be able to translate the margin/text-indent, though that's a big challenge, but since it's not submitting as a list, it's not really feasible to translate to a list.

Top Bottom