Hiring (Paid) Programmer For XF2 Public RSS Thread Feed Display

IMCD

I am working on a new site that will utilize RSS feeds in a unique way, and am looking for a programmer to work on the add-on. I will describe the basics here and can provide more information via PM:

Add-on Name: Public RSS Thread Feed Display

Description: Utilizing XF2's built in RSS feed importer, create a public display feed of RSS threads. If the RSS item will be deleted after 24 hours.

How it works:

1. Admin adds feed through RSS importer. RSS feed is either enabled for RSS thread feed display or not.

2. All RSS threads are displayed via widget or coded into forum home (above node list). Widget features sorting and "load more" ajax link to load 10 more threads at a time.

3. RSS threads are displayed both normally (in the destination forum of the RSS feed) as well as in the widget.

4. Any RSS items that have 0 replies after x hours (admin setting) will be deleted.

Permissions based on usergroup:

1. Show/hide rss thread feed

User settings:

1. Filters:
Sort by title, replies, date/time posted
2. Show/hide rss thread feed

Admin Settings:

1. RSS feed setting to display RSS items in feed widget or not
2. Number of feed threads to display on feed widget by default
3. Default sort order
4. Auto delete after ___ number of hours

I have a mock-up of the way I'd like to display the content, which is probably worth at least 1,000 words in this case.

Ready to start this project now. PM me to discuss further and for the mock-up.

Although I'm relatively new here, I am a long time user of vb.org and have hired many freelancers on Upwork for references.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom