Needed emergency help

Do you have any webpage stats (like Awstats and the like) loaded on your site?
Also, do you have newsfeeds on and caching? If so, try to turn off the caching.

Do you have any webpage stats (like Awstats and the like) loaded on your site?
Also, do you have newsfeeds on and caching? If so, try to turn off the caching.
Come to think about it my site used to get very slow at 7:00am every day.
We finally figured it was one of the stat programs. We disabled it and no more problem.
But, it this is the first time it's going slow, probably not the same thing.

It looks like you are loading the jQuery off of Google.com, with that many people, it's probably putting a huge strain on the server. Have you tried switching it your local server?

I would probably get a dedicated server, I mean I have never seen 1,000 users online on a VPS. Who is your host? It seems that your server is actually holding up pretty well for the amount of traffic you have.

There was something in the style code that is hanging up.
He switched skins and it's doing much better.
Could have been all the people trying to be populated on the "Whose online" part.

For me, the new skin you switched to (which doesn't have the "Members Online Now") dropped the loading from 45s to 2s or 3s.
You could try adjusting the Maximum Usernames in Members Online Now Box to around 100 or so. That might help out. Not exactly sure what was causing it though.

For me, the new skin you switched to (which doesn't have the "Members Online Now") dropped the loading from 45s to 2s or 3s.
You could try adjusting the Maximum Usernames in Members Online Now Box to around 100 or so. That might help out. Not exactly sure what was causing it though.

I think between hosting the local jQuery and setting Members Online to show just 1 that fixed it.

Is there any particular reason why you were running jQuery from Google instead of locally?

In my inexperience I thought hosting something from google would be faster than I could host it.

What is a good way to identify possible bottlenecks? I have 3 more situations this year where I will jhave extremely high load

Top Bottom