XF 1.5 Need to downgrade to 1.5.4

iamjudd

On a test install I installed 1.5.5a and looks like I need to downgrade to 1.5.4 as something broke.

1.5.4 was never installed so is it possible at all to downgrade at all or should I just do a fresh install since its just a test?

NOTE: The issue incase someone is curious is it seems like some front end pages have blank templates for whatever reason.

Downgrading isn't possible unless you restore from a back up which was taken when 1.5.4 was installed.

Your time may be better spent trying to troubleshoot and fix the issue you're having so if you go into more detail we might be able to help.

Which pages are blank?

Are they part of the core software or from add-ons?

Have you ensured all add-ons and styles are compatible with the version of XF you are running?

The WF add-on should work - many people use that without issue on 1.5.5.

The donation add-on you would need to contact the author to check if it is compatible.

The WF add-on should work - many people use that without issue on 1.5.5.

The donation add-on you would need to contact the author to check if it is compatible.
Gotcha, yea it was weird because the widget framework was the first I installed and the sidebar just would not show up at all.

If it's only the pages from those add-ons which are blank, you could just try doing an upgrade of those add-ons (even if it's the same version that's already installed). That would potentially re-update those templates.

If it's only the pages from those add-ons which are blank, you could just try doing an upgrade of those add-ons (even if it's the same version that's already installed). That would potentially re-update those templates.
Oh gotcha, yea I'll try that out as well before I wipe.

Top Bottom