Need someone to import XF into XF [Paid]

Crayo

I'm going to be purchasing another Xenforo forum, and I wanted to import it into my current Xenforo forum, but I heard this is very tricky. Can anyone here do it? Or has anyone here done it before?

There is no direct XF to XF importer, you will need to go via an intermediate import such as vB, IPB or phpBB.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum for paid requests.

I'm going to be purchasing another Xenforo forum, and I wanted to import it into my current Xenforo forum, but I heard this is very tricky. Can anyone here do it? Or has anyone here done it before?
If I remember correctly you cannot import one existing XF forum into another. An option may be to convert it from the current XF to another forum format - then import from that.

Yeah sorry, I worded my post horribly. I knew XF -> XF directly wasn't possible, but I was wondering if anyone has done it from XF -> IPB -> XF or something. I asked Jake, but he hasn't done it before, so directed me here to make a request :).

If you want something like this, do it via XF > IPB > XF
IPB converter is more stable i think.

Much as I love XF as a software, I'm left amazed at stuff like this. I'm sure it wouldn't take Kier or Mike that long to create a system allowing us to import XF data from an existing XF install into a brand new one in a clean and easy way.

What if I don't have a VB or IPB license? How do I import/merge an existing XF forum into another XF forum?

This is like Microsoft telling you to move all your data to a Macbook/iMac before you move your data onto a new version of Windows or a new PC/laptop. There's no good business model that advises you to use your competition to complete basic tasks!!

What happens if the next version of IPB or VB is pretty good? Most forum owners tend to be lazy and once they have a software they stick with it but if we're being forced to transfer all our data to VB/IPB anyway then it's actually easier to just stay there rather than go to all the trouble of then converting it back to XF again.

I really think KAM should make this a priority. Stop asking your customers to use your rivals products just to stay with your product!!

That's like Tesco asking it's customers to put all their shopping in a Tesco trolley then go to Sainsbury to get their shopping bags and then go back to Tesco to buy their shopping and take it home. IE it makes no sense.

Your comparison is not due.
If he has no choice as it can make it...
If he has a big problem with its database it can do with another script to fix his database XenForo :(

I'm also looking for help to import a small 1000+ post XF into my main XF forum. If anyone has done this before, please let me know.

Top Bottom