Need some conditional help

Cerberus

So, I want to block posts in a certain forum from not logged in/ guests and put a message in order to see they must register.. I have a list of the conditionals but I cant seem to figure out where to stick it.. Also, if anyone knows of an add on that already does this would greatly appreciate the point in the right direction...

You probably want this add-on:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/first-click-free-smart-content-hiding.1132/

It's a smart way of hiding content from guests. It allows Google bots to still crawl and index your site. Further more it will allow guests finding your content via a search engine to view a single piece of content before being given a prompt to register and blocking access to further content.

Anything else could destroy your search rank.

You probably want this add-on:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/first-click-free-smart-content-hiding.1132/

It's a smart way of hiding content from guests. It allows Google bots to still crawl and index your site. Further more it will allow guests finding your content via a search engine to view a single piece of content before being given a prompt to register and blocking access to further content.

Anything else could destroy your search rank.

Yeah that is nice but not exactly what trying to do.. Because I dont want the posts in a certain forums seen at all unless registered.. Dont want it indexed either other than the post titles.. I want them to have to register to see and for them to get a message telling them that

Node tree/
SELECT THE FORUM - Permissions (blue button on the right) /

Open Unregistered / Unconfirmed usergroup
Under Forum Permissions /
View thread content: NO/ RED

You'd need to create a Notice under Notices telling them to register.Notices are under Options - see the Page Criteria tab to link this to your selected forum.
Also under User Criteria tab select
Privileges and Status:
  • User is a guest

Or as I did edit the general error message and make it say "You cannot enter here. This may be because you are a registered member but you are not logged in. Or you may be a visitor who is not a registered member. To register click here."
with a link to the registration page.

Node tree/
SELECT THE FORUM - Permissions (blue button on the right) /

Open Unregistered / Unconfirmed usergroup
Under Forum Permissions /
View thread content: NO/ RED

You'd need to create a Notice under Notices telling them to register.Notices are under Options - see the Page Criteria tab to link this to your selected forum.
Also under User Criteria tab select
Privileges and Status:
  • User is a guest

Or as I did edit the general error message and make it say "You cannot enter here. This may be because you are a registered member but you are not logged in. Or you may be a visitor who is not a registered member. To register click here."
with a link to the registration page.

Thank you that was pretty much what I was trying to do :)

Top Bottom