Need hosting recommendation/assistance - Australia/NZ

It sounds like you do need a control panel, if you don't know how to do the things you might need to do (email, FTP, databases, securing the server, etc.) without one.

I don't know a whole lot of dedicated providers outside the US. Most are very expensive though, due to very expensive bandwidth prices. West Coast US would likely be fine. Los Angeles always works pretty well down to Australia/New Zealand. The only providers I can personally recommend in LA are WebNX and Quadranet. Have colo and rentals in both places and they are incredibly good. But within your specs, you're probably looking at about $79/mo. with either of them minimum, without a control panel. Quadranet also has a cloud offering, which would probably work within your budget...perhaps $5 or so over with cPanel. Might be something to look at. You aren't going to get as much disk space though as you have now.

@Mike Edge Was just refreshing the page and never looking up in the corner. Just saw it. :)

Some more info from my current host:

CPU usage (SPEED) 200%
Number of cores for LVE (nCPU) 2
Virtual Memory (vMEM) 4096MB
Physical memory (pMEM) 4096MB
Concurrent connections (EP) 300
Number of processes (nPROC) unlimited
I/O limit (IO) unlimited
Number of inodes (soft|hard) unlimited

Could the 300 concurrent connections explain why I received the entry process issues? Maybe I'm better off staying with them and asking them to instead bump some of the limits above?

Some more info from my current host:

Could the 300 concurrent connections explain why I received the entry process issues? Maybe I'm better off staying with them and asking them to instead bump some of the limits above?

Absolutely! That's likely exactly what is causing the issues. If they are willing to raise the limit, it would help. That said, the graphs show you regularly hitting that limit, so they are going to have to raise it considerably.

Absolutely! That's likely exactly what is causing the issues. If they are willing to raise the limit, it would help. That said, the graphs show you regularly hitting that limit, so they are going to have to raise it considerably.
Awesome. Will ask them to raise it. Interesting thing is that the past 30 days is actually a slow period..march onwards the site will be hit a lot harder.

Top Bottom