XF 1.3 Need help with website sending emails

Hello, I am using the xendisconnect theme. My members are getting emails everytime someone posts in a thread that they have. I know they can uncheck the box to stop this but some are getting frustrated by this and leaving my site. A few members recieving over 50 emails a day. Is there a way that I can turn this feature off for the whole site? Is there a way that it can be turned off unless the members clicks " watch this thread" box? I will attach a snip of the mentioned box.Any help would be appreciated.My website is www.pafisherman.com

Attachments

• xen.webp
    xen.webp
    81.6 KB · Views: 6
Better written by my partner:

Hello, I am using the xendisconnect theme. My members are getting emails everytime someone posts in a thread that they have. I know they can uncheck the box to stop this but some are getting frustrated by this and leaving my site. A few members receiving over 50 emails a day. The solution is for the User to click on their name - > preferences to uncheck "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply". Is there a way to set this as the default setting for the site, so the users that want this can select the option. This will be far less bothersome to them than a spammed inbox.

Top Bottom