Troubles with users reporting SPAM when sending emails to all!

fionix

Since a year we have troubles when we send out emails each week with news and stuff about our community. We only send to people that has ENABLED NEWS etc. on their account.

Still we got a spamhaus record again this week.

Now SendGrid who are our mail provider is telling us our options which best option is:

Run a permission pass-A permission pass means sending out an email to all recipients who haven't opened or clicked an email in the past 6 months to request that they reconfirm their desire to receive your email. Any of the email addresses that do not explicitly confirm their desire to continue receiving email should be permanently removed from your sending list.

How would we do that in Xenforo, I believe it is mission impossible?

Thank you both, very useful info, for some reason I had everything set to handle the bounced emails but not entered the email address to use for this. I had also not ticket the 180 days for sending emails so that means all users received instant messages.

The bounce email box had 250 unread emails, now after I changed the settings and run the CRON job it has 0 - does it mean it works now?

After the CRON run I got this in the server error log, only 1 entry something I need to worry about?

Code:
#0 src/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Protocol/Pop3.php(197): Laminas\Mail\Protocol\Pop3->readResponse(true)
#1 src/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Protocol/Pop3.php(377): Laminas\Mail\Protocol\Pop3->request('RETR 169', true)
#2 src/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Storage/Pop3.php(103): Laminas\Mail\Protocol\Pop3->retrieve(169)
#3 src/XF/EmailBounce/Processor.php(52): Laminas\Mail\Storage\Pop3->getRawContent(169)
#4 src/XF/Job/EmailBounce.php(27): XF\EmailBounce\Processor->processFromStorage(Object(XF\Mail\Storage\Pop3), 8)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\EmailBounce->run(8)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#8 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#9 {main}

Top Bottom