1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Need help with website sending emails

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by PA Fisherman, Feb 27, 2014.

1. PA Fisherman

PA Fisherman Member

Hello, I am using the xendisconnect theme. My members are getting emails everytime someone posts in a thread that they have. I know they can uncheck the box to stop this but some are getting frustrated by this and leaving my site. A few members recieving over 50 emails a day. Is there a way that I can turn this feature off for the whole site? Is there a way that it can be turned off unless the members clicks " watch this thread" box? I will attach a snip of the mentioned box.Any help would be appreciated.My website is www.pafisherman.com

Attached Files:

• xen.jpg
      xen.jpg
      File size:
      79.7 KB
      Views:
  2. PA Fisherman

PA Fisherman Member

Better written by my partner:

Hello, I am using the xendisconnect theme. My members are getting emails everytime someone posts in a thread that they have. I know they can uncheck the box to stop this but some are getting frustrated by this and leaving my site. A few members receiving over 50 emails a day. The solution is for the User to click on their name - > preferences to uncheck "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply". Is there a way to set this as the default setting for the site, so the users that want this can select the option. This will be far less bothersome to them than a spammed inbox.

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Admin CP > Options > User Registration > Default Registration Values

4. PA Fisherman

PA Fisherman Member

Thank you very much for your help. We got the problem fixed.