XF 2.0 Need for upgrading the importer ?

markus68

Hi,
we are live a few weeks and used the VB importer to migrate.

With the new version of the importer addon released yesterday I wonder, do I need to upgrade the importer as well ? Obviously it will not be used for importing anymore.
Can / should I uninstall it ? (I did not because I was not sure if it would remove the table used for VB-redirects upon uninstall).

Thanks,
-Markus

Thanks Chris !
Perhaps clarify the announcement/releasenote based on your information a bit ? Currently it reads:
XenForo Importers 1.0.2 is now available for all licensed customers to download. We recommend that all customers running previous versions of XenForo Importers 1.0 upgrade to this release to benefit from increased stability.

TIA,
-Markus

Why is there no IPB support for the importer on XEN 2.0. I mean, people do use more than VB. lol
From what I understand and read in various threads: It will be added at a future point. If that means XF2.1 or later XF2.0 I do not know, staff are obviously the people who will be able to answer that. All I know is its going to be there eventually.

For the moment you could simply import the data to XF1 as that has a mass range of supported importers and then upgrade that to XF2. I did this as a test and it was fine, much much better than I thought it would be to be honest. (y)It was straightforward and simple to do.

The exception being not importing attachments from the PM system. I am not really sure if that should be added or not as I looked at the code and did not see anything there specific to PM imports regarding attached data, I could be wrong though I am not a php programmer. Again if this item is a concern then staff are best placed to answer.

I want to point out the attachments in posts/threads were fine.

Top Bottom