Native XenForo App in Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, we've been hauling to get some extra bits sorted for the test and a few things slipped through which only came to light once we packaged and tested on our own devices.

The same question from me. More than a half of my users use Android phone.

Yes, in India, the Android smartphone market share is 60-70% (hundreds of millions) and exponentially increasing in comparison to iOS which is only around 7%. I think this same trend is there is most of the developing countries. And almost anyone who is online in India can surely afford to pay $10-$25/month for such a nice app but they will need an android app much more than an iOS app to reach the majority of their forum users.

At this rate 2.0 will be available before the app. Which got me wondering if the app will be outdated before it's ever released, Or soon after?

Why would you think it would be outdated? XF1.0 won't suddenly die the day 2.0 is out.

Soon as 2.0 "Gold" is released the 2.0 API will be available meaning the app will work with 2.0 from day one also...
It will be in the rear view mirror of those who update their forums. Lots of options to weigh in regards to 2.0 mostly in relation to planning a budget and telegraphing future obstacles were they relate to our growth.

Soon as 2.0 "Gold" is released the 2.0 API will be available meaning the app will work with 2.0 from day one also..
That's what I was asking. Thank you for providing a quick and constructive answer.

So would that be an upgrade same license Or considered a new version requiring a separate fee?

Yes, in India, the Android smartphone market share is 60-70% (hundreds of millions) and exponentially increasing in comparison to iOS which is only around 7%. I think this same trend is there is most of the developing countries. And almost anyone who is online in India can surely afford to pay $10-$25/month for such a nice app but they will need an android app much more than an iOS app to reach the majority of their forum users.
World over ~ 65% users are android. IOS is nowhere near. Even in the US Android has 58.1% marketshare whereas IOS is well behind at 36.5%

All this in an article with the title "Apple is booming" :p
Source: http://www.businessinsider.in/Apple-is-booming-in-Europe-at-Googles-expense/articleshow/47180513.cms

Android is obviously run by more brands & types of phones, it is much more popular overall. Common sense tells Android app should be given preference.

Last edited:
This is a sample from our google analytics pages and it's pretty much the opposite way around for us. iOS is FAR more important.

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 20.35.39.webp

It doesn't matter anyway, we have already stated the first release will be iOS and android version will follow once the iOS version is done.

I think I would like to release both IOS and Android apps at the same time to my users.
Because if I release the IOS app only users are going to complain there is no Android version.

So if I can wait long enough (I hope it's not going to be too long) I will wait until both apps are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom