Native XenForo App in Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is question here for me:
How would be possible to add support of other add-ons to this app? Like showcase or Nobita's Social Groups and Siropu's ads manager and ...?
Will this be possible? or we will just use what you (developers) prefer to add? I mean, will this possible for us to have (buy) source codes or at least pay to developers to add support of other add-ons?

If we ever get to the point of supporting 3rd party addons natively, it would be down to the addon author to pay for the custom development. The source will not be made available. The feedback and comments we have had so far are overwhelmingly that people and users want the app to be streamlined and a return to the basics of getting people interacting, rather than having masses of information spewed all over the screen in a responsive-esq style.

will this be possible to have a lifetime license?

No, lifetime licenses are not a sustainable model of pricing.

I wouldn't even consider an app that didn't match the look of my site. That doesn't really make much sense when you're trying to create a brand for yourself.
Thanks for the idea, looking at the results after implementing I can understand why :)

@Slavik

Any ideas how much time the delay set you back?

In terms of a first release, there is a surprisingly little amount left to do, I think there's a bit of styling on conversations and a couple of small changes to be made, the dev hasn't asked me for any changes or things to be added to the XenForo API currently, and the base XenForo addon is coded ready to go.

Monday / Tuesday we will have our usual meeting and discuss where we are with things, and I would hope to get an accurate eta on the first testing release from that, but as always, and i'm sure as you've seen we have been aiming for a quality release, even if that means some delays.

In terms of a first release, there is a surprisingly little amount left to do, I think there's a bit of styling on conversations and a couple of small changes to be made, the dev hasn't asked me for any changes or things to be added to the XenForo API currently, and the base XenForo addon is coded ready to go.

Monday / Tuesday we will have our usual meeting and discuss where we are with things, and I would hope to get an accurate eta on the first testing release from that, but as always, and i'm sure as you've seen we have been aiming for a quality release, even if that means some delays.
one thing i noticed missing in other APIs is registering that a member is online, so if you launch the app and that api call is also missing in yours, the number of members online will be halved

hopefully that was considered

one thing i noticed missing in other APIs is registering that a member is online, so if you launch the app and that api call is also missing in yours, the number of members online will be halved

hopefully that was considered

Yes, we have that sorted :)

Code:
return new XenForo_Phrase('XenApp_browsing_forums_via_api');

Hey guys!

So the update everyone has been waiting for. We have been working hard, and listening to peoples feedback and ideas, so thank you to everyone who has been in touch.

So first off, we have been looking at the pricing tier options, and what our long terms goals are. We have also been aware that people would like some clarification on the different pricing tiers, and what specifically will separate them. We played with adding more of things or less of things, bonus features etc, but as forum owners ourselves we know there is a core "set" of things which cant be missed out, so with that in mind we sat down and discussed our 3 price points, of which we have come up with the following:
  • The $10 a month app will no longer be a shared app, and will be an "off the shelf" app for any forum using a default theme for the app. The customization options will be quite limited (a logo and naming the app), but will serve as a way to get a native app on your forum in the most cost effective way and suitable for smaller or low income boards who want to offer something for their users.
  • The $15 a month app will offer the ability to self style the app, allowing you to change the style to match your forum. We feel this will be well priced for small to medium boards who may want to offer something a bit more custom, but don't have the need for the full priced app.
  • The $25 app will offer the full feature set, branding removal, ability to display ads in the app, this is obviously aimed at income-generating boards who require the ability to place advertisements in their mobile delivery of content.
Secondly, we are looking to run our first public testing of the app in the week starting April 4th. So are looking for a small group of people who be willing to opt in of all board sizes and give it a go. The main objective of this test is to see how the core features of the app interacts and behaves outside of our testing setup. If you are interested and available in this week, please drop me a message.

Third and finally, thank you for your ongoing patience, we appreciate people are very eager for this, but please bare with us while we work to ensure the quality of the first release will match and hopefully exceed your expectations.

Hey guys!

So the update everyone has been waiting for. We have been working hard, and listening to peoples feedback and ideas, so thank you to everyone who has been in touch.

So first off, we have been looking at the pricing tier options, and what our long terms goals are. We have also been aware that people would like some clarification on the different pricing tiers, and what specifically will separate them. We played with adding more of things or less of things, bonus features etc, but as forum owners ourselves we know there is a core "set" of things which cant be missed out, so with that in mind we sat down and discussed our 3 price points, of which we have come up with the following:
  • The $10 a month app will no longer be a shared app, and will be an "off the shelf" app for any forum using a default theme for the app. The customization options will be quite limited (a logo and naming the app), but will serve as a way to get a native app on your forum in the most cost effective way and suitable for smaller or low income boards who want to offer something for their users.
  • The $15 a month app will offer the ability to self style the app, allowing you to change the style to match your forum. We feel this will be well priced for small to medium boards who may want to offer something a bit more custom, but don't have the need for the full priced app.
  • The $25 app will offer the full feature set, branding removal, ability to display ads in the app, this is obviously aimed at income-generating boards who require the ability to place advertisements in their mobile delivery of content.
Secondly, we are looking to run our first public testing of the app in the week starting April 4th. So are looking for a small group of people who be willing to opt in of all board sizes and give it a go. The main objective of this test is to see how the core features of the app interacts and behaves outside of our testing setup. If you are interested and available in this week, please drop me a message.

Third and finally, thank you for your ongoing patience, we appreciate people are very eager for this, but please bare with us while we work to ensure the quality of the first release will match and hopefully exceed your expectations.

Excellent news :-)

A few questions:

1) Can we upgrade/downgrade between packages?

2) Any tie-in? I know initially you were talking about 1 year up front. Is that still the case and with renewals will they be annual? (We're fine with that but it's still good to know for planning).

3) Can you offer any advice on in-app advertising? Specifically pertaining to Adsense. Is it just a case of dropping our adsense code into the app or is there more to it? If that's straightforward then the $25/month license looks very tempting.

4) Are you still planning to publish the app on behalf of buyers who don't have an IOS dev account? (That'd be fairly important to us).

1) Can we upgrade/downgrade between packages?

Yes, exactly how this will work will be discussed in the future, but it will be possible.

2) Any tie-in? I know initially you were talking about 1 year up front. Is that still the case and with renewals will they be annual? (We're fine with that but it's still good to know for planning).

We are looking at a upfront payment of 6 months and then a monthly cost. The upfront payment will be added to the end of the subscription should you ever decide to cancel.

So for the basic app, your first month cost would be $70, and then $10 a month thereafter.

3) Can you offer any advice on in-app advertising? Specifically pertaining to Adsense. Is it just a case of dropping our adsense code into the app or is there more to it? If that's straightforward then the $25/month license looks very tempting.

Yes for now its just dropping the adsense code into the app.

4) Are you still planning to publish the app on behalf of buyers who don't have an IOS dev account? (That'd be fairly important to us).

Yes, we will have this facility available.

Hey guys!

Interested here to run first public testing. Let me know where/how do we start .

Thanks

Congrats on things moving forward. (y)

How will the "public testing" apps be distributed? By "public testing", will you suggest we make the apps available to our users, or are you just looking for us forum administrators to do the testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom