Native XenForo App in Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R6y4NvC.gif

Hopefully not too much longer :)

Have got some interesting announcements to make in the not-too-distant future and will also be launching the sales-site by the end of February if all goes well.
We do hope everything goes well :)

Google analytics is showing me at times 50% using mobile and tablets, desperate to get my hands on this app.

Interested in this too. I definitely need a mobile solution that's a lot easier to use than opening a browser and viewing the responsive version.

I definitely need a mobile solution that's a lot easier to use than opening a browser and viewing the responsive version.
Agreed on the opening a browser part, but on the other part, after observation, it's been revealed this sentiment has more to do more with the style than fact it's the responsive style. It's hard for an app to come close to designing something as good as, say, a @ThemeHouse style.

I personally thought if the default style had some elements subtracted it would be a good fit for an app, but feedback from clients has shown a strong preference for their custom styles, and after seeing some which look really great inside apps like @Ernest L. Defoe 's, I can't really blame them.

I wouldn't even consider an app that didn't match the look of my site. That doesn't really make much sense when you're trying to create a brand for yourself.

As long as the color scheme and logo are present and match the main site, I'd say that would cover 99% of the design needs. Designs are so flat and simple these days that matching the app to the site should be a lot easier than if this was 15 years ago and everyone had gradients and wacky designs on everything.

As long as the color scheme and logo are present and match the main site, I'd say that would cover 99% of the design needs. Designs are so flat and simple these days that matching the app to the site should be a lot easier than if this was 15 years ago and everyone had gradients and wacky designs on everything.
Yeah, I used a dedicated ForumRunner app for my board (back in my vB 3.8 days). It offered options to configure a few basic colors in the Admin CP (you could even customize a few of the icons) which allowed each standalone app to have a surprising amount of individuality. I hope to see similar options in Slavik's offering.

I still believe the option to have a menu which links to other areas of our site (that opens our pages in web views inside the app), as suggested earlier, is still the most important feature.

There is question here for me:
How would be possible to add support of other add-ons to this app? Like showcase or Nobita's Social Groups and Siropu's ads manager and ...?
Will this be possible? or we will just use what you (developers) prefer to add? I mean, will this possible for us to have (buy) source codes or at least pay to developers to add support of other add-ons?

And the other question:
will this be possible to have a lifetime license?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom