1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Mysqli extension not loaded

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by WareManu, Dec 10, 2015.

1. WareManu

WareManu Member

HTML:
    An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
    <!-- The Mysqli extension is required for this adapter but the extension is not loaded -->
    My XenForo website is not working after I tried to install BlockScript and ionCube to another virtual host. Anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem? Website: www.spillere.no

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would need to contact your host and they should be able to resolve it.

3. WareManu

WareManu Member

The thing is, I am using a dedicated Windows Server 2008 R2. I am using XAMPP v3.2.1 with Apache HTTP Server v2.4. So, I guess I have to fix it myself. Any idea?

4. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I think that you must install the mysqli extension in PHP. That should fix the error.

Robust likes this.
  5. WareManu

WareManu Member

How the heck should I do that?

6. wang

wang Well-Known Member

7. Robust

Robust Well-Known Member

Install the PHP MySQLi extension. I'm only a Linux sysadmin, not a Windows sysadmin, so I can't fully assist with this, however, the link above should answer your question.

8. WareManu

WareManu Member

I don't think that link will help me.

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Odds are if you had read the full page and comments it may have

Robust likes this.
  10. WareManu

WareManu Member

I am using XAMPP, which is an all-in-one type of thing (it installed PHP for me). Which installer are you talking about? I just want to be sure before I do anything.

11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

12. WareManu

WareManu Member

The XAMPP forums seems very empty though. I encountered another problem also, Apache isn't starting. Any idea how do reinstall PHP when using XAMPP?

13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I use XAMPP and literally all that is required is to run the installer so I suspect you have either done something wrong or have it configured incorrectly.

You will have to seek support elsewhere for any issues related to XAMPP though.

Robust likes this.