XF 2.2 mbstring extension is not loaded but is required

stromb0li

I'm seeing the following warning in my logs:
  • ErrorException: [E_USER_WARNING] [WebPush] mbstring extension is not loaded but is required for sending push notifications with payload or for VAPID authentication. You can fix this in your php.ini. src/vendor/minishlink/web-push/src/WebPush.php:82
When I look at Server environment report on the home page of the admin panel, I do see mbstring support Yes. Is there an example of what also need to be configured to leverage the extension?

Thank you!

No, if mbstring is compiled with php it should just work, no extra things required.

I don't know which admin panel you are looking at, but best is to use a phpinfo.php file to see what's really activated in your hosting account.
You can easily create one yourself.

Create a file called phpinfo.php or whatevernameyouwant.php and add this:
Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
put the file somewhere in your webfolder (mostly public_html) and then call it with your browser.
You can see if mbstring is present.

If not, contact your host for support.

No need for a phpinfo file.

Just navigate to admin.php?tools/phpinfo .

Or click on the version on the ACP index page.

1704478667027.webp

Note, the php info page is not available for Cloud installations.

Strange; definitely a server misconfiguration somewhere.

This is what I see via the admin portal index page:
1704504788352.webp

This is what I see via phpinfo:
1704504821936.webp

Will follow what's reported via phpinfo vs the admin home page.

Will follow what's reported via phpinfo vs the admin home page.
That is for exif, so only for images. Odd, that it's not enabled.
But this one is not what I ment. On top under the "configure command" you should see "--enable-mbstring" and a lot lower, just before the mysqli part you should se a very big part about mbstring.
Looks more like this. Normally centered. Layout is a bit crippled here and I only put part of it.
So this should also be present. Maybe these are and this is the reason the admin panel shows "yes". But looks indeed like a server side issue.

mbstring​

Multibyte Support enabled
Multibyte string engine libmbfl
HTTP input encoding translation disabled
libmbfl version 1.3.2
mbstring extension makes use of "streamable kanji code filter and converter", which is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1.
Multibyte (japanese) regex support enabled
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version 6.8.2

Top Bottom