[E_USER_WARNING] [WebPush] gmp extension is not loaded

Seeker-Smith

I'm getting these errors when push notifications are turned on. I have gmp turned on in php 8.1.16

Error details

#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/var/www/femdom...', 82)
#1 src/vendor/minishlink/web-push/src/WebPush.php(82): trigger_error('[WebPush] gmp e...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Service/PushNotification.php(271): Minishlink\WebPush\WebPush->__construct(Array, Array, 10, Array)
#3 src/XF/Service/PushNotification.php(130): XF\Service\PushNotification->getWebPushObject()
#4 src/XF/Service/PusherTrait.php(194): XF\Service\PushNotification->sendNotifications()
#5 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(165): XF\Service\Alert\Pusher->push()
#6 src/XF/Repository/UserAlert.php(116): XF\Repository\UserAlert->insertAlert(1, 0, '', 'xfmg_media', 413209, 'transcode_succe...', Array, Array)
#7 src/addons/XFMG/Repository/Media.php(618): XF\Repository\UserAlert->alert(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\User), 0, '', 'xfmg_media', 413209, 'transcode_succe...', Array, Array)
#8 src/addons/XFMG/Service/Media/Transcoder.php(181): XFMG\Repository\Media->sendTranscodeAlert(Array, true)
#9 src/XF.php(625): XFMG\Service\Media\Transcoder->XFMG\Service\Media\{closure}()
#10 src/addons/XFMG/Service/Media/Transcoder.php(143): XF::asVisitor(Object(XFMG\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#11 src/addons/XFMG/Ffmpeg/transcoder.php(50): XFMG\Service\Media\Transcoder->finalizeTranscode('/var/www/femdom...')
#12 {main}

array(1) {
["cli"] => string(66) "/var/wwwmysite.net/src/addons/XFMG/Ffmpeg/transcoder.php 101"
}

Have you tried PHP 8.0 line to see if it does the same thing? PHP 8.1 is not officially supported, so it may well be a bug in the script for 8.1, but by trying 8.0 you can confirm that.

Have you tried PHP 8.0 line to see if it does the same thing? PHP 8.1 is not officially supported, so it may well be a bug in the script for 8.1, but by trying 8.0 you can confirm that.
I don't feel comfortable messing with php as my system was setup by @MySiteGuy. What I've done is turned off push notifications while I'm mass posting media clips.

I don't feel comfortable messing with php as my system was setup by @MySiteGuy. What I've done is turned off push notifications while I'm mass posting media clips.
Might I suggest contacting him to see if he is aware of an issue. If he recommended setting up PHP 8.1 on the system instead of the supported 8.0.xx line, he might be willing to see if dropping back to php 8.0.xx resolves the issue.
I run my own VPS... and can install any version of PHP I choose, but there is a reason I am still on PHP 8.0.xx line, as that is the current supported version of PHP for XF 2.2

The XFMG transcoder (where this error is originating from) runs on the PHP CLI, which may have different configuration (and thus enabled extensions) from your web server PHP. In any case, it almost certainly means the GMP extension is not being loaded properly, at least for the PHP CLI.

The system was already setup when I was asked to optimize it. This included Redis install and setup with two Xenforo forums, lots of MariaDB tuning and Apache changes such as switching over to fastcgi with PHP-FPM, etc. Plus PHP changes to the version already set in the server (8.1) enabling and tweaking opcache, listen backlog and other settings (such as max memory was set too high, allowing easy DDOS attacks).

I'm in discussion with him in a conversation started last night. :)

Top Bottom