myBB to Xenforo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

I was wondering if there was anyone who will be willing to help me with moving my MyBB forum over to Xenforo please?

My Forum as of writing currently as 10,039 Posts with 1978 threads and 56 Members.

Is this a possibility and if so, I'd like a theme similar to what I have which you can see at www.thevortexwired.net (Please note that name and URL will be changing soon)

Except, I would want someone to install it for me and add all the Mods and so forth.

Would this be possible at all and if yes, how much will I need to pay please?

Thanks in advance,

Warren

I was wondering if there was anyone who will be willing to help me with moving my MyBB forum over to Xenforo please?

My Forum as of writing currently as 10,039 Posts with 1978 threads and 56 Members.

Is this a possibility and if so, I'd like a theme similar to what I have which you can see at www.thevortexwired.net (Please note that name and URL will be changing soon)

Except, I would want someone to install it for me and add all the Mods and so forth.

Thanks in advance,

Warren
I would be very happy to help you convert your site from myBB to XenForo, once you have purchased a copy of XenForo. I can also install all your styles and add-ons of your choosing. :)

If you would like, I can even relocate your site to whatever new domain and hosting provider you are moving to.

If you set up the myBB site yourself, then you can do this with no problems. There is already an importer available built into xenForo.

Since that's an @Audentio style for myBB, there is already something similar to it available from him... and I'm sure for a small fee he could do some customization for you to get it to duplicate it (although I personally think his xenForo styles look better).

Installing mods for xenForo is as easy as with myBB... and if you use @Waindigo's or @Chris Deemings utility it's even easier.

Thanks in advance,
Warren
If it's a simple install like that @Adam Howard has a deal for you. If I had more time I would do it for free but I'm kinda booked this week on clients computers.

Thanks for the fast responses guys, I thinking of getting my Xenforo Licence on either the December 6 or December 20.

Mods and a custom style with a Layout similar to Gaia Online if Possible?
You would need to hire a developer for some of the add-ons that Gaia Online currently uses (as they did as most of their customizations are exclusive to their site).

However the general design would not be to complicated to mimic.

I meant how Gaia Online has the categories on the side and the forums in the cell. Is this possible to mimic?

Also, the Mods I was referring to was the myBB mods and which I have a question for now, does Xenforo have mods that can replace the myBB mods I am using?

I meant how Gaia Online has the categories on the side and the forums in the cell. Is this possible to mimic?

Also, the Mods I was referring to was the myBB mods and which I have a question for now, does Xenforo have mods that can replace the myBB mods I am using?
Yes, it is possible to have the forum layout / categories laid out in such columns (or cells if you prefer to call them).

As for your myBB mods, what are you currently using?

It is possible to code anything you are using now and have it ported over to XenForo, if you hire a developer. But odds are good that what you maybe looking for is already out there (either in the core or as an add-on). So we would really need to know what is it that you want?

For the mods I want the following:

Money Per Post
Lottery
Awards (where after a certain amount of task the user receives an Award, whether it's for Registering, making their first post, taking a poll and so forth)
Social Bookmarks (Share posts to Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more)
ReIMG Sizer
Live Preview
KeyCaptcha
User Blog
Thanks for Posts
Facebook Like and Google+'s +1
Activity Stats
Age restriction on some forums
Gender restriction on some forums.
Latest Topic Title (If not in)
Redbar (Links on top)
Reputation System
Advertisement Management.
Gaming Section

Thee are a couple more but I can't think of them at the moment.

For the mods I want the following:

Money Per Post
Lottery
Awards (where after a certain amount of task the user receives an Award, whether it's for Registering, making their first post, taking a poll and so forth)
Social Bookmarks (Share posts to Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more)
ReIMG Sizer
Live Preview
KeyCaptcha
User Blog
Thanks for Posts
Facebook Like and Google+'s +1
Activity Stats
Age restriction on some forums
Gender restriction on some forums.
Latest Topic Title (If not in)
Redbar (Links on top)
Reputation System
Advertisement Management.
Gaming Section

Thee are a couple more but I can't think of them at the moment.

OK. Some of those I know and some of those I have no idea that they do.

• Money Per Post ---- There are several add-ons which provide points / money / bank / credit per post & other actions.
  • Lottery --- Please explain?
  • Awards (where after a certain amount of task the user receives an Award, whether it's for Registering, making their first post, taking a poll and so forth) --- XenForo does this by default. But there are some add-ons that expand on this as well.
  • Social Bookmarks (Share posts to Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more) --- Part of XenForo, so default.
  • ReIMG Sizer ---- Please explain?
  • Live Preview ---- There is an add-on for this (arguably to some degree xenforo has this as well)
  • KeyCaptcha ---- KeyCaptcha does indeed have a XenForo version (@KeyCAPTCHA / @KeyCAPTCHA Team )
  • User Blog --- There are 2 add-ons for this (with a 3rd in development)
  • Thanks for Posts --- XenForo does this by default, but calls it "likes". There is an add-on that does expand upon this as well
  • Facebook Like and Google+'s +1 --- XenForo has this by default
  • Activity Stats --- XenForo has this by default
  • Age restriction on some forums ---- Per forum? You'll need an add-on developed.
  • Gender restriction on some forums. ---- You'll need an add-on developed.
  • Latest Topic Title (If not in) ---- XenForo does this by default (there is also some add-ons that expand on this)
  • Redbar (Links on top) --- There is several add-ons for this
  • Reputation System --- There is several add-ons for this
  • Advertisement Management. ----- There is several add-ons for this.
  • Gaming Section ---- Do you mean an arcade?
So everything on your list, XenForo has by default or via an add-on. Although I would ask you explain 2 of those to me (and 1 would need to be developed).

You can see all the available add-ons here on XenForo.com
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

Lottery - Meaning members will purchase Lottery Tickets with their Forum Money and every week (Or whatever the case may be depending on the Admin) they'll purchase Tickets (Price up to Admin) for the Lottery and 6 Numbers should randomly be drawn and of course the Lottery would have a Jackpot for members to gain more Forum Money. And the Winner will be notified via PM. I hope that helps!

ReIMG Sizer - Which means if someone puts an image that is too large, it will automatically resize it for it to be fit within the default size by the forum.

Gender Restriction - Like if a forum is only for Ladies and the other is only for Gents.

Age Restriction - If a forum has too much over 18 Discussions, they will not be allowed to enter that particular forum if they are underage.

Gaming Section - Yes I do mean Arcade.

Hope that helps you of what I meant.

Also there were a couple you mentioned that I had to hire a developer, how do I do that and how much roughly would that cost please? Or will that be in the Installation period when I transfer over from MyBB to Xenforo?

Lottery - Meaning members will purchase Lottery Tickets with their Forum Money and every week (Or whatever the case may be depending on the Admin) they'll purchase Tickets (Price up to Admin) for the Lottery and 6 Numbers should randomly be drawn and of course the Lottery would have a Jackpot for members to gain more Forum Money. And the Winner will be notified via PM. I hope that helps!

ReIMG Sizer - Which means if someone puts an image that is too large, it will automatically resize it for it to be fit within the default size by the forum.

Gender Restriction - Like if a forum is only for Ladies and the other is only for Gents.

Age Restriction - If a forum has too much over 18 Discussions, they will not be allowed to enter that particular forum if they are underage.

Gaming Section - Yes I do mean Arcade.

Hope that helps you of what I meant.

Also there were a couple you mentioned that I had to hire a developer, how do I do that and how much roughly would that cost please? Or will that be in the Installation period when I transfer over from MyBB to Xenforo?

ReIMG Sizer ---- XenForo does this by default. And add-on is not need. :)
Gender Restriction ---- You will need an add-on to be developed.
Age Restriction ---- You will need an add-on to be developed.
Arcade ---- There is an arcade add-on. :)

How much will it cost you to have those 2 developed? Unknown. I don't usually develop add-ons for people on XenForo. For development I would suggest @sonnb or @xfrocks I've used them before and I find them fairly priced. I think you could get those 2 into a single (merged) add-on fairly easily, but you would need to ask them.

But I would still be happy to install your copy of XenForo, import it from myBB to Xenforo, and install any add-ons or styles you wanted or needed. I just do not currently develop add-ons for Xenforo.

Last edited:

While there are a lot of point type add-ons (banks, credits, points, ect...) and they all support away for you to "spend" those "points" ...Much to my surprise.... There is no lottery system that I am aware of at this time.

So out of your whole list, only 3 things seem to be missing. Everything else is included with XenForo or can be expended upon or added by an add-on.

Will those 3 that are missing possibly be implemented in the future?

And with the tasks I'd like to get, how much would this cost me please, will this be on top of the Transfer from myBB to Xenforo and Installation or will this be an additional cost?

And with the tasks I'd like to get, how much would this cost me please, will this be on top of the Transfer from myBB to Xenforo and Installation or will this be an additional cost?
XenForo cost $140.

My services would be additional, but not by much. My fee is a "name your own price" model. Which means you get to decide how much it cost (how's that for value?). You can read more about it and ask questions here

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ave-to-do-with-pizza-amazon-and-add-ons.63010

Last edited:
Into the xenforo core? unknown. While I am a fan of XenForo, use it myself, and am an active member of this community, I am not a member of the staff or development of XenForo Ltd. So I have no idea when or if those will ever be added into the core software.

I'm just a very friendly and generally helpful member of the community and a customer, who believes in the product. I also have a self interest in seeing XenForo succeed because their success is my success, because as the development & company grows, so does the products they offer and thus, so does my site and everyone else's. :)

It is a win, win, win for everyone (generally speaking).

As for how quick can these be made into add-ons, you would need to contact a developer about that. But generally speaking, I find both @xfrocks and @sonnb very quick at releasing and developing add-ons. Anywhere between same day, a few days, and maybe a week. It really depends on the level of work required.

Last edited:
What @EQnoble stated is correct. It is possible to promote a user to a secondary user group (ie, "Males" or "Females") and restrict access to nodes based on that using the standard permissions system.

What @EQnoble stated is correct. It is possible to promote a user to a secondary user group (ie, "Males" or "Females") and restrict access to nodes based on that using the standard permissions system.
I need to play with group promotions more often. Because I remember it not being there at one time. :oops:
I personally don't use them, if only because I prefer to have the fewest groups as possible.

Glad to see that it is there now for people who do use it.:)

admin.php?user-group-promotions/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom