myBB to Xenforo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

I was wondering if there was anyone who will be willing to help me with moving my MyBB forum over to Xenforo please?

My Forum as of writing currently as 10,039 Posts with 1978 threads and 56 Members.

Is this a possibility and if so, I'd like a theme similar to what I have which you can see at www.thevortexwired.net (Please note that name and URL will be changing soon)

Except, I would want someone to install it for me and add all the Mods and so forth.

Would this be possible at all and if yes, how much will I need to pay please?

Thanks in advance,

Warren

Thank you so much for your help guys.
But unfortunately I won't be able to get my Xenforo Licence until the 20 December.

Just for piece of mind, Let's say I have the layouts/categories as Gaia Online. Is it Possible to get them Colour Coded, what I mean by that for example.

Let's Say I have an Entertainment Section, a News Section, a Wrestling section and a Gaming Section for example, am I able to do the columns like this for example.

Entertainment Section - Purple.
News Section - Green
Gaming Section - Blue
Wrestling Section - Red

This is only an example, but is this a possibility?

Thank you so much for your help guys.
But unfortunately I won't be able to get my Xenforo Licence until the 20 December.

Just for piece of mind, Let's say I have the layouts/categories as Gaia Online. Is it Possible to get them Colour Coded, what I mean by that for example.

Let's Say I have an Entertainment Section, a News Section, a Wrestling section and a Gaming Section for example, am I able to do the columns like this for example.

Entertainment Section - Purple.
News Section - Green
Gaming Section - Blue
Wrestling Section - Red

This is only an example, but is this a possibility?
Yes @Warren it is possible to change via css each individual forum to a color of your choosing.

XenForo provides a template known as extra.css in each style, that would allow you to add your own code or you could even edit a template directly.

In addition it is possible to use the TMS (Template Modification System) to edit templates universally (over several different styles).

XenForo is very customizable :)

Last edited:
Thanks Adam.
I have no knowledge of CSS or HTML Is it possible to hire someone permanently for any upgrades or extra features I may want to add in the future and I don't wan anything to be to costly of course. I'm not rich...lol. But hopefully there fairly priced. I used to have a guy who had a great price at $10 a month to do all the background stuff while I maintained the forum and so forth (Unfortunately he has no knowledge of Xenforo). Is this a possibility or not please?

Thanks Adam.
I have no knowledge of CSS or HTML Is it possible to hire someone permanently for any upgrades or extra features I may want to add in the future and I don't wan anything to be to costly of course. I'm not rich...lol. But hopefully there fairly priced. I used to have a guy who had a great price at $10 a month to do all the background stuff while I maintained the forum and so forth (Unfortunately he has no knowledge of Xenforo). Is this a possibility or not please?
It really depends on the level of work required. You maybe able to find someone willing to do small task every now and again.

But for a complete site design top to bottom, I don't think you're going to find anyone for the asking price (and this from someone who likes to think of himself as the most affordable person here). Of course I do not do complete designs, so it is very possible I'm wrong. But I don't think you'll find someone who will do the whole site design for that asking price.

The forum colors change, yes. That could be possible.
Other random task, also maybe possible,

Really depends on the level of work you're asking for though.

Last edited:
Is there any one, while I wait, can tell me how long the procedure will take, for someone to transfer my forum from MyBB to Xenforo, and with the customisations I want as mentioned in one of my earlier replies please?

@Tracy Perry Are you free to do the conversion and installs and etc?
I'm pretty much tied up till the end of the month on doing server/workstation installs for a couple of clients. I'm about to head out to one of them in about 30 minutes. You may want to contact @Adam Howard to see if he would be able to. If you were able to set up myBB then you should be able to do the conversion. It was a simple matter on my conversion of servinglinux from myBB to xenForo.

No I didn't do the conversion I had another Staff member do that, but he is tied up.
Thank you @Tracy Perry for the recommendation

I would be very willing to help you move your site @Warren from myBB to XenForo.

This is my current "fun" promotion
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ve-to-do-with-pizza-amazon-and-add-ons.63010/

Though I must confess I will not able to take on this job until December 26th. I like to keep myself available after completing an import, just in case there are additional questions or work needed to be completed. And I'll be unavailable the 24th and 25th (Christmas Eve & Christmas Day).

Of course if you need this done today, @oman is also very affordable
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/technology-hub-xenforo-installation-upgrade-services.45948/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom