Mybb to xenforo migration. Need information regarding rewriting URLs

gginni

Hello,

I'm unable to redirect my old mybb threads to new xenforo threads. I will lose all the organic traffic if this problem will not be fixed. Here is my .htaccess file within forum directory:-

Code:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

It's likely that you'll need a programmatic solution if you did a double import. Your IDs are unlikely to be the same. If you don't have a map for the IDs from the original import, it will be nigh impossible.

It's likely that you'll need a programmatic solution if you did a double import. Your IDs are unlikely to be the same. If you don't have a map for the IDs from the original import, it will be nigh impossible.

Thanks for reply Mike ... Thread IDs and Post IDs are same as xenforo tables were empty... Even when I imported from mybb to phpbb3 , ids were same...

Can anyone help me in doing programatical or htaccess redirection solution?? I just don't want to lose my organic traffic :(

BTW xenforo platform created by you is awesome :).. I'm just loving it :) ... Way better than mybb :)

Thanks a lot Jake bro for solving my issue :)... you were too quick to solve this :)... thanks a lot bro for help :)

I owe you a party ;)... do let me know if you come to India :P

Now I can say that I have succesfully migrated to xenforo :cool:

Thanks a lot everyone for help :)

Top Bottom