My quote for today

Isn't that kind of the "smart" loser defining what "winning" is, not the (winning) "idiot"?

In your scenario, the argument doesn't even matter - it only matters who plays the idiot card first.

One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say that individuality counts but teamwork dynamites. Master Jin Kwon

Re: Idiot quote

Not to mention idiots don't know when they're losing / lost and think they're winning / have won.

Einstein said:
He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!

My pacificism is an instinctive feeling, a feeling that possesses me because the murder of people is disgusting. My attitude is not derived from any intellectual theory but is based on my deepest antipathy to every kind of cruelty and hatred.

Most teachers waste their time by asking questions which are intended to discover what a pupil does not know, whereas the true art of questioning has for its purpose to discover what the pupil knows or is capable of knowing.

People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we were born.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice.

Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible.

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep.

Top Bottom