My License Is About To Expire Now

Ariel Schnee

My license is about to expire now.

I am using Xen 1. I hate Xen 2, and will never use it. What I want to know is simple.

Do I need to renew my license to keep downloading add-ons, styles, and bbcodes? I've also uploaded a few resources. Do I need to renew my license to upload more? Can I download those without a renewed license? Can I upload those things without a renewed license.

I ask because I am poor as dirt. And need that $ 50 for other things. Like food, drink, etc..

Let me know.

Hello!^_^

You don't need an active license for downloading/uploading,

That's good to know. ... Do I need one to purchase add-ons?

an active license is to get new updates for XenForo

Since I'm sticking with Xen 1, I have no use for the Xen 2 updates. Yeah, I'm sticking with Xen 1. Xen 2 just looks ugly, compared to Xen 1.

Regards, SyTry

Thanks for your help SyTry!^_^

I appreciate it!^_^

Why do you hate XF2 so much? It’s got literally thousands of improvements and bug fixes over XF1 and is more secure. Simply saying it looks ugly doesn’t seem to be much of a reason. Perhaps you just need to apply a theme to it? What do you hate so much about how it looks?

Why do you hate XF2 so much? It’s got literally thousands of improvements and bug fixes over XF1 and is more secure. Simply saying it looks ugly doesn’t seem to be much of a reason. Perhaps you just need to apply a theme to it? What do you hate so much about how it looks?
Probably like all those Windows XP users and how they think about anything newer. Oh it looks ugly and it seems so hard to do anything!!! Little do they know you can make windows 10 look just like the older operating system with an actual start menu, quick launch bar, after that its not that different.

As far as I'm concerned, XF1 looked old school compared to XF2.

Last edited:

Take a good look at a Xen 1 forum. Up close, and personal. Do the same to a Xen 2 forum. Compare them. Real close like.

If you still can't see it...

Then... I'm sorry. It's not something that can be explained with words. You have to feel it, deep inside. If you can't. ... I can't explain it to someone who lacks soul.

Probably like all those Windows XP users and how they think about anything newer.

I use Windows XP SP3 32-bit version.

And XF2 will look old school compared to XF3 :)

And if they have any sense, they will make Xen 3 look like Xen 1.

Take a good look at a Xen 1 forum. Up close, and personal. Do the same to a Xen 2 forum. Compare them. Real close like.

If you still can't see it...

Then... I'm sorry. It's not something that can be explained with words. You have to feel it, deep inside. If you can't. ... I can't explain it to someone who lacks soul.
No, that just doesn't make any sense and talking about "soul" is ridiculous. You still haven't actually explained how it looks better. Just give me an idea, perhaps a couple of screenshots that show the difference best. Seriously, I'm just curious why you have such a strong opinion about this.

And as I've pointed out, it goes much deeper than the out of the box look. You need to address the other points I've made for your opinion to have any credibility, especially when it comes to security.

It's a strange attitude. Being in an absolute minority yet emphatically believing your position is right.

Made me think of The Simpsons.

288821.jpg

Top Bottom