XF 1.3 My forum has blocked me and others

Jeffin

Hi, my forum has blocked my ip and probably many others from accessing it. I think it is the FoolBotHoneyPot addon from @tenants. I don't know how it happened. A few members have also reported this to me via facebook and email. Below is the message I am being shown.

401 Unauthorized
Your IP has been used by Spam Bots to attempt to register on this forum multiple times

I cannot enter the admin area even via a proxy ip. What should I do? Need help please.

OK. It's just that with technologies like CloudFlare your visitors could appear to be sharing IP addresses because the REMOTE_ADDR value would contain the CF IP rather than the real one your visitors are using.

Hence if you had blocked that IP address then it could affect a number of your users.

But if it's not that... Have you tried to contact tenants directly?

OK. It's just that with technologies like CloudFlare your visitors could appear to be sharing IP addresses because the REMOTE_ADDR value would contain the CF IP rather than the real one your visitors are using.

Hence if you had blocked that IP address then it could affect a number of your users.

But if it's not that... Have you tried to contact tenants directly?

I'll private message tenants then. I have tagged him here to bring this to his notice. Thank you for your reply.

Thank you very much.
@MattW managed to solve the issue for me. :)
What was the issue?
I've just got the same issue from a valid user, on the other side of the world from my normal target audience, when trying to view uploaded images
I too have FoolBotHoneyPot add-on, but that's functionality for registration only and shouldn't be impacting image viewing when normal thread viewing.
@MattW, perhaps you remember the issue?
I think it could otherwise be from StopForumSpam, via /admin.php?options/list/usersAndRegistration#_stopForumSpam, but I thought that was only for registration too.

Top Bottom