Fixed Multi-Quote Remove

James

If you multi-quote posts then remove all posts from the multi-quote (maybe you decide against posting), the dialog box disappears but the quotes remain saved. Also, the icons do not revert back to the plus.

Steps to reproduce:
View any thread
Multi-quote one (or many) quotes
Click "Insert Quotes"
Remove all quotes

Now, when you quote any more people, the previous ones still remain.

The only workaround appears to be to insert them and delete them from the editor, maybe we need a "remove and delete" option?

I'm fairly sure this is as designed, since I remember Kier stating this exact flow in the video.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea. I watched the video, and I still ran into this exact problem. "Why do I still have quotes? I just removed them all, etc".

I'm fairly sure this is as designed, since I remember Kier stating this exact flow in the video.
It is designed that clicking removed doesn't actually remove from the quote cache, merely removes from that post insert.

However, what if you multi-quote and don't want to post after all? You either
a) wait for the quote cache to expire thus deletes all
b) go through each thread and unquote everything you quoted
c) insert quotes into post then delete them

If it is as designed, could I request it be moved to suggestions?

Last edited:
If it is as designed, could I request it be moved to suggestions?
I might be having this problem.

To me ... it seems like I can't remove something from my quotes.

upload_2014-1-23_18-14-25.webp

I click remove .... but it never gets removed.
The Insert quotes never goes away.
upload_2014-1-23_18-15-50.webp

I also don't think I actually did multi-quote this ... but I might have.

From my perspective, when I click remove, I think it should be removed.

This time, I selected [Quote these messages] and then just manually deleted the quote from the textbox. That has worked.
I wonder what [cancel] would have done ?

I can't honestly think of a situation where you would want to remove a quote but keep it for later - imo it should always remove the quote permanently

Having to quote and then delete the text is fairly unintuitive, and it's made worse by the cross-thread quoting so users can move to a different thread and be stuck with an insert multiquote button and no easy way to get rid of it (clicking all the minus buttons is the most obvious alternative to the remove link)

This is what happened to me.
I came here to report a bug that quotes can't be removed.
The end user experience of clicking [remove] and nothing getting removed ... makes them think there is a bug.
Yep, I used the interface with the prior knowledge from the video that 'remove' was temporary (imo not a good design choice), and I still did a double-take when clicking remove on all the quotes didn't actually remove them.

If it's going to be kept the way it is, a third button needs to be added to the bottom of the dialog to clear all quotes

Top Bottom