Fixed Multi-Quote Message Previews Not Shown

DeltaHF

I just enabled multi-quote on my site, but the "Insert Quotes..." dialogue box does not show the contents of the quoted messages. Inspecting page source confirms the container is, in fact, empty.

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 1.08.15 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 1.08.37 AM.webp

This occurs with both a default theme and my site's custom theme. I disabled all plugins (except for the Resource Manager and Elastic Search) but it did not fix the problem.

Everything else about the multi-quote feature works normally. Any ideas?

I've done a bit more research. In the thread_multi_quote_overlay template, this is the default text:

Code:
<div class="messageText">{xen:raw $post.messageParsed}</div>

To verify the contents of $post, I dumped the object with {xen:helper dump, $post} and actually could not find a messageParsed member variable:

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 7.08.41 PM.webp

As a temporary fix, I've changed the template to output the $post.message and it does display as expected, though without the formatting, of course.

I checked the plugins by disabling each one and then re-loading the multi-quote box. Should I test this in some other way? I suppose that's the only thing that could be causing a problem at this point.

If the dump is not producing the required content then that can only be an issue with the php files.

You could try reuploading them.

Aha. Have you disabled (set to 0) "Discussion Preview Length"? Looks like the code piggybacks on that, but that is probably a bug now that the output is just height controlled.

Top Bottom