Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 1.8.16

No permission to buy ($20.00)
@Daniel Hood I'd like to enable my members to edit their thread titles and prefixes for our classified sections. Our admins can do it, but our users can't. I've been trying to figure out the permissions, but can't seem to find the one that will enable this.

Usergroup edit posts by self is enabled, as is edit thread title by self. The users can edit their thread titles, just not the prefixes.

Being able to edit the thread should allow them to change prefixes, does it without my add on being installed? I don't see why my add on would effect that ability at all though.

If I disable the addon are we going to lose those threads with working multiple prefixes? I don't want to test it if it's going to lose that information.

Regular users can't edit their multiple prefixes, but administrators can, so I have to believe it's a permission issue.

When I edit the first post of a thread, I lose all prefixes. I have to re-apply the prefixes. Not sure if that's a result of this addon or another. Will have to troubleshoot later when I have some time.

Sorry, it currently only works for threads. So you could edit the resource thread to display multiples but since they're dynamically created by the system, you'd have to manually do it for every resource.

Sorry, it currently only works for threads. So you could edit the resource thread to display multiples but since they're dynamically created by the system, you'd have to manually do it for every resource.
can u explain more about this point plz

as i want to know about this also and if its possible to do it or no

@Daniel Hood I just spent an hour testing the various scenarios, I think I have it dialed in to the specific problem.

A normal user (Registered usergroup) creates a thread with multiple prefixes. If the user edits the thread title, the prefix is changed to the first prefix on the list (WTS OR). After that the user is unable to change the prefix to anything. Moderators are able to change the prefix without issue. This sounds like a permissions issue to me since mods can do it and regular users cannot, but I can't imagine which setting it could be that would effect this. Ideas?

I really need some assistance with this, it happens on both of my sites.

Anyone else have this issue?

Sorry, I wasn't around over the weekend.

Could you explain how they are editing the thread title? Is it from the node view (clicking edit) or through the thread view (thread tools), or some other way? As for the user changing the thread prefix later, that does sound like a permission issue.

Would you be willing to analyze one of your user's permissions and send me the breakdown so that I can set up the same test on my server?

No problem, thank you for the reply :)

I sent you permissions for both a registered user who can't and a moderator who can, for one of our classified sections.

They edit the prefix by going into the thread, thread tools, then edit thread. This is only an issue when editing the prefix or thread title.

Apparently a conflict ensues with this mod installed. With both enabled, clicking on Thread Tools -> Edit Thread does nothing but the busy box (no error in server log in ACP). Disable this mod and and it works.

Whenever I move a thread it does not keep it's original thread prefix even if that prefix is in both forums.

Whenever I move a thread and try to add a thread prefix or change it when moving it to another forum it does not keep that thread prefix.

Top Bottom