Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 1.8.16

No permission to buy ($20.00)
Sorry if suggested but I use an add-on I found earlier that adds prefixes to the forum view so users can quickly find specific ones inside that node. Is it possible you can add that into this add-on so I can remove the other since I own this?

The attachment is from the other add-on.

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: rdn
I swear I recall typing a response to your question. I don't know what happened here.

It wouldn't be difficult to implement but I feel it's a little out of the scope of what this add-on does. To get the result you want, it should just be a matter of a template modification though.

I was talking to someone recently about this add-on though and I think in the future it could end up getting a major update with a lot of new, generalized features. I'm going to have to work out the exact details but it's like to get rebranded "Prefix Essentials" and have a wider scope. This likely won't happen very soon but we'll see :).

Thank you for the reply, I just thought I would ask based on using less add-ons and it could work well with this one, let me know how the thinking goes!

Minor issue with the latest version.

If you have a custom CSS prefix defined the class for that is not added to the thread edit overlay title. It just appends noPrefix instead of my custom class 'cssPrefix' making it impossible to style.

upload_2015-10-11_2-57-6.webp
upload_2015-10-11_2-58-18.webp

With Multi Prefix disabled, it works as expected.

upload_2015-10-11_2-59-42.webp

BUG: I uninstalled and trying to install again
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'xm_max_prefixes'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenMods/MultiPrefix/Install.php at line 25
  4. XenMods_MultiPrefix_Install::Install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215

I actually found a bug today, well, one of my forum users did:

1) Set up more than one prefix for a sub-forum
2) start a thread with any content
3) Select one prefix (any one except the first)
4) Post the thread
5) Edit the post
6) go to "more options"
7) make any change and save it

the prefix will revert to the 1st on in the list (#1 in styling priority)

Do the same steps again and then in #7 change the prefix to "no prefix" to clear the prefixes, then change it back to the one you wanted (same selected in #3). Save it, it will revert to the #1 again.

No matter what you do, you can't save the prefix you want via the More Options / advanced editor. In the overlay, it works, no problem. Most people use the overlay so this is not a huge bug, but a bug nonetheless...

I actually found a bug today, well, one of my forum users did:

1) Set up more than one prefix for a sub-forum
2) start a thread with any content
3) Select one prefix (any one except the first)
4) Post the thread
5) Edit the post
6) go to "more options"
7) make any change and save it

the prefix will revert to the 1st on in the list (#1 in styling priority)

Do the same steps again and then in #7 change the prefix to "no prefix" to clear the prefixes, then change it back to the one you wanted (same selected in #3). Save it, it will revert to the #1 again.

No matter what you do, you can't save the prefix you want via the More Options / advanced editor. In the overlay, it works, no problem. Most people use the overlay so this is not a huge bug, but a bug nonetheless...

Ironically this was a bug with a conflict with User Essentials. I'm about to post 2.4.3 of User Essentials though which fixes it.

This post below is getting patched in a minute though.

BUG: I uninstalled and trying to install again
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'xm_max_prefixes'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenMods/MultiPrefix/Install.php at line 25
  4. XenMods_MultiPrefix_Install::Install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215

Last edited:
@Steve F - I am unable to replicate your bug on www.xenmods.com. Although I would like to note that, whether you're selecting or deselecting the prefix it uses the class of the last prefix clicked. Not sure if that's what is causing the confusing or if it's a conflict with another add-on/theme.

Daniel Hood updated [XenMods] Multi Prefix with a new update entry:

What's New:

• Fixed a bug that prevented you from deleting thread prefixes after uninstalling the add-on (though you won't be able to delete any if you disable the add-on -- it needs to be either be enabled or uninstalled)
  • Added support for XenForo Resource Manager!
The add-on price has been increased to $20 and the yearly renewal fee was increased to $10. The people that already had a license will have the old renewal price of $5 until January 31, 2015.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom