Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 2.13.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I haven't really had anyone request it to be purely additive (ie not remove the existing prefixes).
If it is possible, the ability to add a new prefix to existing threads, while keeping the current prefix, is something I really need. I can't go over the threads one at a time and rather just bulk-add the new prefix whilst keeping the older ones.

@Xon -- Not a big deal but I just noticed there is a redundant prefix display inside threads when using the "sub-title" display option.

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 3.06.09 PM.webp

There should actually be a template modification which removes it from the title. It might be failing to apply.

Xon updated Multi Prefix with a new update entry:

2.9.4 - Feature update

• Remove old XF2.0.x bug work-around
  • Require Standard Library by Xon v1.8.0+
  • If installed, require Watched Threads Filtering v1.7.0+
  • Fix setting prefix on an rss feed importer to an empty value
  • Add filtering of thread lists by "any prefix" or "no prefix"
    • When "Multiple prefixes filter type" is "and", filtering by "no prefix" and "any" will return no results!
  • Add Batch thread update actions; add/remove prefixes without overwriting all prefixes for a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

With any of Ozzy47's Thread Starter addons installed side-by-side, there is a conflict between them that causes issues with Multi Prefix. When a value is greater than 0 in the following options:

1629560116583.png

threads are unable to be created in nodes with any of the three Thread Starter plugins enabled. A popup error states "Please select a prefix" no matter how many prefixes are selected in reality. When the Thread Starter plugin is disabled, the Multi Prefix functions properly.

Does it supports cascading prefixes? eg Prefix AAA when selected to show for selection Subprefix AAA-1, Subprefix AAA-2, Subprefix AAA-3. Prefix BBB if selected to show for selection Subprefix BBB-1, Subprefix BBB-2, Subprefix BBB-3 etc

Thank you

Does it supports cascading prefixes? eg Prefix AAA when selected to show for selection Subprefix AAA-1, Subprefix AAA-2, Subprefix AAA-3. Prefix BBB if selected to show for selection Subprefix BBB-1, Subprefix BBB-2, Subprefix BBB-3 etc

Thank you
The prefixes are displayed by prefix group, so any prefixes you create will be shown beneath the group name it belong to. There's no nesting beyond that.

Reactions: Xon
Don't know if this is a little bug, but when one moves a thread with (permanent) redirect and later tries to alter the prefix of the redirect via the moderation toolbar -> "Apply prefix...", it opens the dialog with the correct prefix stuff but does not saves any changes (new/edited/removed prefixes) on that redirect?

(I'm not asking that the prefix on the redirect needs to be changed automatically when the one on the original thread changes tho, that is a WHOLE other can of worms that we do not want to open :D).

Don't know if this is a little bug, but when one moves a thread with (permanent) redirect and later tries to alter the prefix of the redirect via the moderation toolbar -> "Apply prefix...", it opens the dialog with the correct prefix stuff but does not saves any changes (new/edited/removed prefixes) on that redirect?

(I'm not asking that the prefix on the redirect needs to be changed automatically when the one on the original thread changes tho, that is a WHOLE other can of worms that we do not want to open :D).
Multiprefixes not applying when creating a redirect is a bug (maybe?)

But being unable to consistently edit a redirection stub after creating it (including setting prefixes) is something I'll call a XenForo bug

I'm not 100% sure what it should be doing (as XF is a bit confused itself in this aspect), but what it is doing is definitely unexpected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom