Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 2.13.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Tried to buy this... created the account and it said the account needed approval. Waited a while and refreshed the page to try again, but now it's saying the account doesn't exist?

Tried to buy this... created the account and it said the account needed approval. Waited a while and refreshed the page to try again, but now it's saying the account doesn't exist?
Please try again. Accounts which signup, never registered their XF licence and then are inactive right after signup tend to get removed as spam.

There seems to be a conflict between this and @AndyB's Similar threads add-on. I can't say for definite whether these add-ons have been compatible in the past, and if so, at what point compatibility broke..

..but I think they've worked together previously o_O:LOL:

With Multi Prefix enabled, I get the following Javascript error in the browser console:
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: similarThreadsClose is not defined at HTMLTextAreaElement.onblur
This does not occur with Multi Prefix disabled.

Posting via quick thread no longer shows similar threads. I disable Multi Prefix and it starts working again.. They edit similar parts of code, but not the same, so feel like they should work together in theory..

--EDIT--
Weirdly the error still occurs when all template modifications for Multi Prefix are disabled, but the add-on remains enabled.?

Last edited:
--EDIT--
Weirdly the error still occurs when all template modifications for Multi Prefix are disabled, but the add-on remains enabled.?
Sounds like the data the add-on is getting isn't as expected. MultiPrefix does change how prefixes are rendered; but I wouldn't expect that to break that Similar threads add-on.

Open a ticket on my site, and I'll likely need an admin login and access to upload files to troubleshoot this

Getting this popup when trying to spam clean a user, doesn't happen with this addon disabled:

You do not have permission to use thread_prefix73 prefix in selected forum.

Getting this popup when trying to spam clean a user, doesn't happen with this addon disabled:

You do not have permission to use thread_prefix73 prefix in selected forum.
@Xon, there is no conflict with the add-on itself. I'm using thread creator service to post automated thread notifications and with your add-on you get the following error:
Fixed for the next version

There seems to be a conflict between this and @AndyB's Similar threads add-on. I can't say for definite whether these add-ons have been compatible in the past, and if so, at what point compatibility broke..

..but I think they've worked together previously o_O:LOL:

With Multi Prefix enabled, I get the following Javascript error in the browser console:
Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: similarThreadsClose is not defined at HTMLTextAreaElement.onblur
This does not occur with Multi Prefix disabled.

Posting via quick thread no longer shows similar threads. I disable Multi Prefix and it starts working again.. They edit similar parts of code, but not the same, so feel like they should work together in theory..

--EDIT--
Did this get fixed in the end? I am having same issue with Similar threads enabled for quick thread while having Multi prefix add-on. It seems to create a duplicate "Multi prefix" box instead of showing similar threads.
@AndyB
this.png

This is separate to the above but I also wondered why on the quick thread the multi prefix box is below the thread title box and on the post thread page it is above the thread title box. Any idea why it's designed this way? See screenshots below. (I prefer it to be above the thread title).

post quick.pnglong thread.png

Also I have noticed the default XF tooltip for "Post a new thread in this forum" doesn't work as intended. Check screenshots below.
tooltip without.pngwith prefix.png

Last edited:
I haven't yet have a chance to dig into this; but ultimately adding multiple prefixes is fairly disruptive if anyone else is trying to extending prefixes. And for some reason @AndyB's similar thread add-on is injecting changes inside the prefix selection template.

This is separate to the above but I also wondered why on the quick thread the multi prefix box is below the thread title box and on the post thread page it is above the thread title box. Any idea why it's designed this way? See screenshots below. (I prefer it to be above the thread title).

post quick.pnglong thread.png
This happens due to how the quick post template stuff works.

I haven't yet have a chance to dig into this; but ultimately adding multiple prefixes is fairly disruptive if anyone else is trying to extending prefixes. And for some reason @AndyB's similar thread add-on is injecting changes inside the prefix selection template.

This happens due to how the quick post template stuff works.
Well I purchased his premium membership specifically for the similar threads add-on and I can't use the add-on to it's full potential due to this. I don't think he would make any changes either, it's pretty clear he doesn't want to touch anything else from his code as it's too complex for him.

Sure it is possible; it is just I have in progress at the moment and no one has paid for that feature request. It is actually a lot easier in the XF2 version; but it is still work.

Hey @Xon, I'm using the Multi-Prefix addon in a way where that when a member posts a thread they can attach the following prefix's: Feedback, Suggestion and Bug and they can edit their post no problem but when I add 'In progress' which staff only. They are unable to edit their main thread post and given an error.
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Prefix added by moderator cannot be removed.
Could you make it where if they try to edit the prefix then throw the error, or may have it if they remove the prefix then click save to throw the error?

Because I want it where they can still edit the main thread post freely while the 'In Progress' prefix is added.

I think what is happening is it de-selecting prefixes that are set that they can't use; which isn't what we want to happen here. Will look into it in the next day or so.

Top Bottom