Multi Prefix

Multi Prefix [Paid] 2.13.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
How does multiple prefix look in forum index last post column? By default prefixes are displayed before the thread title, so with multiple prefixes there's a chance thread title won't be visible in forum index?

Is there an option to disable prefix display in forum index last post column? Or maybe an option to place the prefixes at the end of the thread title?

Too bad the prefix location has changed with the new update. Problems occur on the small screen and the subject title may not fit on the screen. For example on phones or tablets.

Xon updated Multi Prefix with a new update entry:

2.11.5 - Bugfix update

• Fix editing the first post of a thread did not always reliably update the prefix list in the title
  • Fix editing a thread did not actually inject the explicit 'no prefix' option.
    • Instead of needing to awkwardly click away when the selection dialog pops-up, instead on click on the no-prefix option all selected prefixes are removed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I downloaded and installed latest one but there seems to be no way to make the prefixes go after the thread title. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

I downloaded and installed latest one but there seems to be no way to make the prefixes go after the thread title. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks
I assume you mean in the thread-list?

It is the style property option "Move thread prefixes location" with the value "Right-aligned suffix" under the "Node/forum list" group

That isn't supported, both this add-on and XF will show the prefix field if they have options to use prefixes in the given forum.

@Xon is there a way to query for a list of prefixes and their respective prefix_ids? either via the XF API or this add-on, or will i have to hardcode that data if i want to access it

@Xon

Could you please elaborate on the additional features that you would like to have in this add-on?

For instance, let's say you create a Prefix containing the names of all countries and their respective cities.

If you select a city such as Houston, the enhanced add-on will automatically append the corresponding country and state, in this case, the USA and Texas, to the Prefix.

Furthermore, the Prefix functionality will be able to automatically update or modify itself based on specific conditions.

For instance, if a topic remains inactive for over 30 days, the add-on can automatically alter the Prefix to "closed" or "resolved".

This add-on significantly alters XF's structure, making it incompatible with many other add-ons.

Several developers of those add-ons recommend not using it.

Nevertheless, its functionality is invaluable, and I'm at a loss on whether to keep using it or not. I had to forgo some good add-ons to use this one.

I hope the developer of this add-on can devise a solution to prevent conflicts with other add-ons so we can use them all together.

This is a nice add-on but I noticed that, unlike standard XF, it doesn't display the "prefix usage help" text when you start entering text using the "post thread" box that displays in forum view. You have to click the "post thread" button in forum view and go to the dedicated "post thread" page for "prefix usage help" text to display as you're entering prefixes. I don't know why prefix usage help text can't display in forum view as well...or is this maybe a setting that I need to adjust?

Top Bottom