Much better server response times with Xenforo!

ActorMike

xenforo.webp
I thought I would share this. I know another board owner who has been delaying the inevitable to upgrade. I did the same thing, and if I would have known what I know now, I would have done it years ago. As soon as we upgraded our server response times plummeted! What's scary is I almost upgraded the old software I had since 2003, but fortunately I did a google review search and found out they had went downhill.

We've been doing some tweaks on the server and we now have our average daily response time down to 272 ms.

Last edited:
There is no vBulletin 3.9

While it is true that XenForo is a bit more resource efficient than vBullletin 3.8.x, I'm pretty sure that your server usage is down also due to traffic getting down. Migration from vBulletin (or from any other software) will inevitable make you loss traffic regardless of redirection scripts in place.

@imthebest correct, it was actually 3.8.7. Your theory about reduced traffic is easily debunked. The chart covers a 6 month period and our traffic is higher than it was, which is a whole other praise in itself.

Last edited:
There is no vBulletin 3.9

While it is true that XenForo is a bit more resource efficient than vBullletin 3.8.x, I'm pretty sure that your server usage is down also due to traffic getting down. Migration from vBulletin (or from any other software) will inevitable make you loss traffic regardless of redirection scripts in place.
Assuming most of your traffic is search and not advertising or organic.

Apologies. Organic traffic does tend to mean or include search traffic. What I meant was either paid (advertising) or direct (people just coming to your site by typing in http://xenforo.com/community) or by referrals from other sites (such as me posting a link to my site here).

Top Bottom