1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Much better server response times with Xenforo!

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by ActorMike, Oct 20, 2015.

1. ActorMike

ActorMike Active Member

xenforo.jpg
    I thought I would share this. I know another board owner who has been delaying the inevitable to upgrade. I did the same thing, and if I would have known what I know now, I would have done it years ago. As soon as we upgraded our server response times plummeted! What's scary is I almost upgraded the old software I had since 2003, but fortunately I did a google review search and found out they had went downhill.

We've been doing some tweaks on the server and we now have our average daily response time down to 272 ms.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    DeltaHF and Mike Creuzer like this.
  2. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

There is no vBulletin 3.9

While it is true that XenForo is a bit more resource efficient than vBullletin 3.8.x, I'm pretty sure that your server usage is down also due to traffic getting down. Migration from vBulletin (or from any other software) will inevitable make you loss traffic regardless of redirection scripts in place.

jauburn likes this.
  3. ActorMike

ActorMike Active Member

@imthebest correct, it was actually 3.8.7. Your theory about reduced traffic is easily debunked. The chart covers a 6 month period and our traffic is higher than it was, which is a whole other praise in itself.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    jauburn and vij like this.
  4. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Assuming most of your traffic is search and not advertising or organic.

5. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Isn't organic traffic the traffic produced by performing a search and getting in your site?

6. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Apologies. Organic traffic does tend to mean or include search traffic. What I meant was either paid (advertising) or direct (people just coming to your site by typing in http://xenforo.com/community) or by referrals from other sites (such as me posting a link to my site here).

imthebest likes this.