MP3/Wav in Media Gallery

Hi.

I purchased the Media Gallery and I can't work out how to upload MP3's in there. Can anyone help? Obivously, the media gallery by it's very name must be able to host audio files....

Hugh.

I've also tried to upload MP3's and Wavs for users to download in the Resources section that I also purchased, and have changed the allowed extensions and size limits but they still won't let me upload MP3's even to be downloaded to users.

Please advise.

XFMG doesn't support uploading of MP3s. Well, it would probably allow them to be uploaded, but really the options are to upload an image, or to embed a video, therefore those are the only two options for displaying media in the Gallery.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I'm confused though and a little disappointed that I've paid for a 'media gallery' that will only display images or embed youtube video's - images are able to be put into posts anyway, and virtually anyone can copy and paste a youtube embed iframe link into a post...making this resource I've paid for a complete waste of money - I only wanted it for audio-clips...

Playing audio clips is such a basic part of coding and other abilities in XF way surpass that level.

Can you please tell me when this is due to be implemented? It's a serious feature omission.

Thanks.

Hugh.

Hi Mike,

I don't really undertstand what you mean by the BB Code Media Site, although I'm happy to have a look. Can I not even upload a file that can be stored and downloaded, i.e., not directly played, by XenForo? My users have to be able to upload files - it's part of our business model!

Thanks for your help...

Hugh

Can I not even upload a file that can be stored and downloaded, i.e., not directly played, by XenForo?
As an attachment to the forums, yes. But the gallery is focused on displaying the content inline rather than downloading. If the focus is on downloading, the resource manager may work for your needs.

In terms of the BB code media sites, it lets you embed media from external sites. It's what the gallery uses for video embeds. If you have a site that does audio that has an embedded player, you can use that to bring audio into the gallery. See here for more info: https://xenforo.com/help/bb-code-media-sites/ (Combined with the gallery option "Allowed Media Sites".)

Thanks Steve,

That's provided me inspiration and I've written in mp3 extension allowed in the attachment options - at least my users can now share MP3's even if they can't embed them. Good enough for the time being! :)

Hugh.

Top Bottom