MP1st.com

Just to confirm, this site does have a full valid XenForo license.

If you would like to make a new thread asking for feedback / to showoff on your forum design Protential I can lock this one for you now it has been confirmed you have a valid license.

Very impressive styling.
Wordpress and Xenforo look almost identical.
The Tabs look so similar why not add the WP tabs to Xenforo to make them feel even more integrated.

Are you using WP XF login integration ?
wordpress.xenforo.mp1st.com.webp

Great job ... who did the WP XF styling ?

Very impressive styling.
Wordpress and Xenforo look almost identical.
The Tabs look so similar why not add the WP tabs to Xenforo to make them feel even more integrated.

Are you using WP XF login integration ?
View attachment 30087

Great job ... who did the WP XF styling ?

We don't have enough place to integrate the WP tabs into the XF navbar when the user is logged in. We are changing up our menu system soon, and this will be taken into consideration. There is no WP<->XF login integration because readers cannot make a WP account. Comments are handled by Disqus so we did not see a reason for readers to have WP accounts. Writers obviously do have WP accounts but adding a bridge just for that seemed like a waste of resources. We are in the process of adding a bridge to show news posts on the forum and forum posts on the main site however.

I did all of the styling on the WP site, and most of it on the forums. The WP theme is a heavily modified version of the Boulevard theme. The XF skin only uses a very small fraction of the WP code, 95% was done by changing CSS values one by one until it looked right. Thank God for Firebug! ;)

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

We don't have enough place to integrate the WP tabs into the XF navbar when the user is logged in. We are changing up our menu system soon, and this will be taken into consideration. There is no WP<->XF login integration because readers cannot make a WP account. Comments are handled by Disqus so we did not see a reason for readers to have WP accounts.

Good point !
Comments are handled by Disqus ..
What is your impressions about Disqus ... when is it a good or bad idea ?
Writers obviously do have WP accounts but adding a bridge just for that seemed like a waste of resources. We are in the process of adding a bridge to show news posts on the forum and forum posts on the main site however.

Cool. sign up at xenscripts.com for some tips and discuss things with the WP / XF crowd.

I did all of the styling on the WP site, and most of it on the forums. The WP theme is a heavily modified version of the Boulevard theme. The XF skin only uses a very small fraction of the WP code, 95% was done by changing CSS values one by one until it looked right. Thank God for Firebug! ;)
Looks awesome !! Excellent job.

Good point !
Comments are handled by Disqus ..
What is your impressions about Disqus ... when is it a good or bad idea ?

Uhm... I have mixed opinions about Disqus. I feel like we get more comments than we should get otherwise because a lot of people can just log in and post immediately (using an existing account, or logging in with FB/twitter/etc). This really helped us out in the early days. However using a system like Disqus has serious downsides. We've been experiencing issues for months now. It started out with comment counts (on the homepage, delivered by the API) being consistently higher than the actual number. This just started happening randomly and after a lot of troubleshooting I found that the issue was caused by invisible duplicate comments. Because this issue can hardly be called critical and there didn't seem to be a fix for it I decided to leave it be and hoped the developers at Disqus would fix that. Until a few weeks ago when the comment counts stopped working altogether. This is when we updated to the Disqus 2012 beta. It fixed the comment counts, they are 100% accurate now (albeit with a slight delay) but now we're seeing some comments being duplicated up to 15 times. Readers describe this as a reload loop. It happens a few times a week and is completely out of our hands. Disqus uses AJAX to post comments so there doesn't seem to be a way to fix that without paying a very high price for access to the developer API.

When it does work I really like it. It is fairly flexible and scales automatically on mobile devices. However after the past few months I really hope they get their act together and fix these stupid issues because all-in-all it is a good system.

Cool. sign up at xenscripts.com for some tips and discuss things with the WP / XF crowd.

Thanks for the tip, will do! And thanks again for the feedback :)

Your using nulled XenForo. Check the powered by link.
You know mistakes happen, sometimes the link can be broken or sometimes you miss a freaking html sign that breaks things. Don't just blame it out right, if you have a doubt PM a mod linking to the thread or PM Ashley directly or contact XF but don't just accuse in public man, think how other people would feel being license holders accused of using nulled just due to a small mistake.

On Topic, love the design guys very well done.

You know mistakes happen, sometimes the link can be broken or sometimes you miss a freaking html sign that breaks things. Don't just blame it out right, if you have a doubt PM a mod linking to the thread or PM Ashley directly or contact XF but don't just accuse in public man, think how other people would feel being license holders accused of using nulled just due to a small mistake.

On Topic, love the design guys very well done.

I see your point. I am very sorry, PR0TENTIAL and Niosus.

Top Bottom