Moving Xenforo from home to forum directory

So, I installed Xenforo in my home directory (public_html) and decided that I want to have wordpress on my site. If I make a forum directory and move all the xenforo files into it, are there any settings I need to change for it to work properly?

You must also update the Board URL setting at Options->Basic Board Information at your Acp.

I know this isn't a direct reply but I would recommend LN Blog. It is still in beta now but it is very well designed, and is built perfectly for XF. Also Jaxel is working on a blog add-on. With these add-ons you wont have to deal with ads, or other fees beyond what you choose to contribute to the developers.

I know this isn't a direct reply but I would recommend LN Blog. It is still in beta now but it is very well designed, and is built perfectly for XF. Also Jaxel is working on a blog add-on. With these add-ons you wont have to deal with ads, or other fees beyond what you choose to contribute to the developers.
LNBlog wouldn't work for a landing page, which is what he seems to want.

He has XenPorta currently installed as his landing page.

Ampd, was your goal with Wordpress to create a landing page? Or to simply add the blog functionality to your site?

I took it to be he wanted it as the landing page because he wanted to move directories and put Wordpress on the front; if he just wants a blog LNBlog would be the best option, especially in the long run.

Top Bottom