XF 2.1 Password Protect Forum directory when doing upgrade?

JamesAus

How do people suggest you do a migration from vbulletin to xenforo in terms of closing off vbulletin and moving to xenforo?

I was thinking about password protecting the forum directory and then removing the password protection once the migration is done.

Is there a better way?

That'll work.

You can set up a maintenance page using htaccess and exclude your IP

If you are pretty technical and use cloudflare workers, you can do it from there: https://technicalramblings.com/blog...enance-page-when-ca-backup-plugin-is-running/

When we went vb -> xf, we actually were moving our hosting too, so I just made vb read-only, imported to xf on the new server and did a DNS switch when I was done.

arn

What is a 302 redirect?​

A 302 redirect is a temporary redirect. If you are doing maintenance on your server and you need to temporarily have customers visit another page, then you will use a 302. Like a 301, these redirects to pass along PageRank and link power, but Google views this redirect as temporary, and thus will index the original and the destination site with that in mind. If you intend to have this redirect be permanent, it is in your best interest to make sure that it is properly noted as a 301.

Top Bottom