XF 2.0 Question regarding SFTP clients when doing upgrades/updates...

ps23Rick

Hi all ..

I'm the one doing the future updates/upgrades of all our Xf stuff.. I've learned my valuable lesson that I need a proper & good SFTP client. I use a Mac (OSX) for my personal platform of choice. I'm looking at the Transmit app which supports a merge, but only on the directory basis. Do I need a client that will merge individual file contents or if it replaces individual files when a conflict is encountered is that good enough? I don't want to fork up the $$ to buy a client that isn't going to completely do the job. Another alternative is CuteFTP I guess but it's big global footprint doesn't appeal to me but if it gets the job done...

Please advise..

Thx!!

Transmit is a great (S)FTP client for macOS. Replacing conflicting files with the newer version is all that's required for upgrades, most any client will do this. Cyberduck is another client for macOS that gets the job done. It's free and open source, but in typical FOSS spirit the interface isn't as pretty.

Hi! Searching around because my last attempt with cyberduck did not replace, overwrite or merge files being uploaded. I am trying to figure out why things changed after upgrading cyberduck. They don't seem to have a merge option and wondering if I have to use what they call synchronize?

TY figure I add my question here as it is the same topic :)

Top Bottom