1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Xenforo from home to forum directory

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Ampd, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Ampd

Ampd Member

How to make wordpress a blog inside xenforo?

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

You must also update the Board URL setting at Options->Basic Board Information at your Acp.

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

borbole likes this.
  4. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I know this isn't a direct reply but I would recommend LN Blog. It is still in beta now but it is very well designed, and is built perfectly for XF. Also Jaxel is working on a blog add-on. With these add-ons you wont have to deal with ads, or other fees beyond what you choose to contribute to the developers.

5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

LNBlog wouldn't work for a landing page, which is what he seems to want.

6. Ampd

Ampd Member

Thats fine, I will wait for Jaxel's blog addon then. Thanks.

7. Digital Doctor

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Regarding your original question of moving the installation path, that's covered in the FAQ:

How can I move my installation to a different directory?
    Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory. You may need to restart the server for the change to take effect.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

9. Forsaken

As far as I know I don't think he was going to make his blog work as a landing page, and would require XenPorta to do so. Even with using XenPorta, it wouldn't be a blog on the front end.

10. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

He has XenPorta currently installed as his landing page.

Ampd, was your goal with Wordpress to create a landing page? Or to simply add the blog functionality to your site?

11. Forsaken

I took it to be he wanted it as the landing page because he wanted to move directories and put Wordpress on the front; if he just wants a blog LNBlog would be the best option, especially in the long run.

12. Ampd

Ampd Member

I was planning on using wordpress as a blog.

13. Digital Doctor

minor suggestion: get rid of the Help Tab. Make it a subtab of the Forums.
    Are you using WPXenCSS ?

14. Digital Doctor