1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Web Hosts: Errors Inside

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Eoj Nawoh, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

Hello all,

I'm trying to move from my current hosting to new hosting.

Both forums are XenForo.

This is the error I'm getting:

I moved the MySQL database and I have changed the config in the library. I can't get to the admin and I tried added debug mode but can't load the site at all.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A 500 ISE error is very generic. It is an error returned by your server. To discover the exact cause requires consulting with your host to pull the error logs on the server. Many times this error is caused by an overly restrictive mod_security rule, or some other server module. Contact your host.
  3. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

Alright I did.

The error log is as follows:
    Which led me to the .htaccess file, and I renamed it.

and now I get:
    which my guess is the screw up with the backup and import. So I'm sorta of lost, because I thought I imported all the backup'ed database tables.

So I tried again and got:
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  4. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

Be sure to disable APC caching (or any of them I guess?) if you've previously enabled it in your config file.
  5. Jake Bunce

Ok so you found the problem in the .htaccess file. That problem is solved.

This is a different error that is unrelated. This error refers to the Waindigo/SocialGroups addon. Contact the author.

That error is caused by one of these MySQL settings being exceeded:

Your host or server person needs to increase these settings in MySQL. There is more info here:

6. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

I was told by them to:

NOTE: The phpMyAdmin interface only lets you import 8MB of data at one time. If you need to import more than 8MB, we recommend breaking up the file into 8MB pieces.

NOTE: You do not need to include the CREATE DATABASE line in your MySQL database. If you do include it, your import might fail. We recommend removing the line before importing your database.
  7. Jake Bunce

8. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

Alright I've fixed everything but the .htaccess file.

I tried using this one
    However it leads to a 500 Internal server error, and it is the cause. My sitewww.HarpoonTrading.com, won't allow users to leave the page, so what should I change the .htaccess file to?

The error is
    However, wouldn't I need that to be set to use the Steam Login.
  9. Jake Bunce

Your server doesn't support that .htaccess command. Contact your host if you need that command to work. Otherwise those commands might not be needed. Your host or server person can apply those PHP settings directly in the php.ini file on the server, or you can also try adding these equivalent lines to XenForo's library/config.php file:

ini_set('safe_mode', false);
    ini_set('open_basedir', '');
    ini_set('max_execution_time', 180);
    Eoj Nawoh likes this.
  10. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Active Member

I think for the time being I may not need them, as I removed them and the site didn't explode.

Thank you so much for your assistance, collectively, you've made this process easy. Especially you, Jake.