Moving From IPB to Xenforo Gallery Conversion

Bobage24

I have been wanting to move from IPB to Xenforo, but a big part of our community it the gallery. I was wondering if there are any galleries for Xenforo where I could easily make the transition? Are there any galleries for Xenforo which have a converter for IPB Gallery?

PhotoPost supports full enhanced integration with Xenforo Forums

You can contact me and I may be able to post something that might work to import invisionboard contact to PhotoPost. I would of course have to see your site database file structure etc to be able to whip up something that might work. I myself do not own Invisionboard.

You see, this is what I like about this community!

Well it is all good. ;)

I use to years ago run UbbThreads then switched to vBulletin and own a Xenforo license now as well. PhotoPost supports Integration with all those products and many more but bringing users the full enhanced integration to Xenforo makes sense. vBulletin has too much of a monopoly on things and that needs to change. Kind of like Microsoft. I do not see vBulletin 5 gaining them any real big support so I think lots more people will want to switch to Xenforo. If I can make it easier then so be it.

PhotoPost never wrote an Invisionboard Gallery importer because that gallery product has never been a huge thing in the market. Most users who have ran it switched to our product anyway because the invisionboard gallery is rubbish.

Mike Sullivan here was more than helpful in assisting me in bringing full enhanced integration with Xenforo in PhotoPost so I am more than happy to assist in bringing more users into the Xenforo community and drawing them away from vBulletin or Invsionboard.

Liam you can switch to Xenforo very easy if your using our gallery no hard work to do there.

PhotoPost supports full enhanced integration with Xenforo Forums

You can contact me and I may be able to post something that might work to import invisionboard contact to PhotoPost. I would of course have to see your site database file structure etc to be able to whip up something that might work. I myself do not own Invisionboard.

Chuck,
If the OP doesn't contact you, please get in touch with me here. I have an IP.Gallery with about 10,000 photos that I'd "LOVE" to get migrated back over to PP. And I have an active PP license to do it with. Just say the word and I'll give you an active playground.;)

I'll be available to have everything ready sometime after the weekend.

Thanks and have a splendid weekend*

Chuck

Quick question. Now PP integrates with Xenforo and I am doing the big switcharoo to Xenforo from VB, do I only need to pay the members area cost to get the latest version of PP? My access expired 22/4/2011.

Cheers
Bruce

Top Bottom