1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design Issue Moving and thread marks it as unread

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by CyclingTribe, Nov 7, 2012.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

When moving a thread from one forum to another the thread is marked as unread in its new destination forum.

I would expect the normal behaviour to be that the thread retains its read/unread status.

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

Dan likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I am unable to reproduce this on my test forum. I moved two threads, one read and one unread, to a different forum using inline moderation. They both retained their status.

Any help reproducing?

3. CyclingTribe

Open thread ... Thread Tools -> Select destination folder -> Tick 'Do not leave redirect' -> Click 'Move Thread

Then navigate out of the destination forum and the thread you've moved is marked as unread.

4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nope, cannot reproduce that here either.

5. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I run into this as well. Not sure if it is the same in your case but when I am moving threads, I usually change the prefix as well. Thread is then marked as unread.

6. CyclingTribe

Oddly, I've just tried this on the forum that it used to happen on and it's stopped doing it. Strange. :confused:

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Still can't reproduce. I tried it with inline moderation, the Thread Tools menu, with and without prefixes and redirects.

8. CyclingTribe

Got it ... the thread itself isn't marked as unread, that's where I'd gone wrong!! - it's the forum that shows it has unread items!!

Move a thread to a sub-forum (no redirect) - [you'll end up in the sub-forum on the thread you've moved and the sub-forum name will be shown in the navigation breadcrumb] - now ... navigate out of the sub-forum by chosing it's parent (or higher) in the navigation breadcrumb, e.g.;

Forums > Category > Forum > Sub-forum

Now when you look at Forum and Sub-forum they'll both show in bold to indicate they have unread content, even though the content is all read. :D

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This can happen based on forum read statuses. In general, it's basically impossible to fully resolve automatically.

Slavik likes this.
  10. CyclingTribe

Fair enough. (y)