Design issue Moving and thread marks it as unread

CTXMedia

When moving a thread from one forum to another the thread is marked as unread in its new destination forum.

I would expect the normal behaviour to be that the thread retains its read/unread status.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I am unable to reproduce this on my test forum. I moved two threads, one read and one unread, to a different forum using inline moderation. They both retained their status.

Any help reproducing?

Open thread ... Thread Tools -> Select destination folder -> Tick 'Do not leave redirect' -> Click 'Move Thread

Then navigate out of the destination forum and the thread you've moved is marked as unread.

Open thread ... Thread Tools -> Select destination folder -> Tick 'Do not leave redirect' -> Click 'Move Thread

Then navigate out of the destination forum and the thread you've moved is marked as unread.
I run into this as well. Not sure if it is the same in your case but when I am moving threads, I usually change the prefix as well. Thread is then marked as unread.

Still can't reproduce. I tried it with inline moderation, the Thread Tools menu, with and without prefixes and redirects.

Got it ... the thread itself isn't marked as unread, that's where I'd gone wrong!! - it's the forum that shows it has unread items!!

Move a thread to a sub-forum (no redirect) - [you'll end up in the sub-forum on the thread you've moved and the sub-forum name will be shown in the navigation breadcrumb] - now ... navigate out of the sub-forum by chosing it's parent (or higher) in the navigation breadcrumb, e.g.;

Forums > Category > Forum > Sub-forum

Now when you look at Forum and Sub-forum they'll both show in bold to indicate they have unread content, even though the content is all read. :D

Cheers,
Shaun :D

This can happen based on forum read statuses. In general, it's basically impossible to fully resolve automatically.

Top Bottom