Move thread to Resource Manager

Alpha1

Often users will post a thread to discuss a document or file. The XF Resource Manager is better suited for this and therefore our rules stipulate that members post media in the Resource Manager.

This means that we regularly encounter forum threads that need to be converted to Resources.
Please add a moderator function to 'Convert thread to Resource' or 'Move thread to Resource'.

Not only because the function is very useful to have, but also so that addons can implement the same function through a XF helper.

Upvote 34
Yes, I know. I would like this as part of the core. Once it is in the core, then we will see addon developers take advantage of the helper and implement a 'Move Content_Type_X to Resource' function as well.
Exactly. once something is core, majority of developers are OK to add similar functionality to their add-on.

Has this been implemented yet? I have a big file-centric forum, would be handy to move all file-threads to resources.

Moving from vb4 to xf2, so the xf1 addon doesn't help.

Yes this is a foundamental feature that this addon should has. All the mods available to do that are for Xenforo 1 and there was only one that was working for Xenforo 2. Now furthermore the addon for XF 2 isn't working anymore from months, with the last upgrades of XF, so in this moment there isn't any possibility to convert these threads. I have a lot of these contents to move in the XFRM plugin to organize better these sections, but now is not possible anymore. In the end I think that it should be a simple future to add, the function has just to run a query (more or less) to copy a content from a table to another table of the db, it doesn't must be more complicated I think, but I don't know coding so I cannot confirm.
What is sure, is that is a really important feature for this kind of plugin.
I hope that this function will be added, because the plugin is nice and more useful, but in this way is not possible to manage these contents that is the reason why to buy this addon; to organize better some just existing sections (or also move some post/thread opened from some user for error in an other section) to let it works alone later, but first of all we have to move what we just have in some section of the forum.

Top Bottom