• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Move thread to Resource Manager

Alfa1

Often users will post a thread to discuss a document or file. The XF Resource Manager is better suited for this and therefore our rules stipulate that members post media in the Resource Manager.

This means that we regularly encounter forum threads that need to be converted to Resources.
Please add a moderator function to 'Convert thread to Resource' or 'Move thread to Resource'.

Not only because the function is very useful to have, but also so that addons can implement the same function through a XF helper.

Alfa1

Yes, I know. I would like this as part of the core. Once it is in the core, then we will see addon developers take advantage of the helper and implement a 'Move Content_Type_X to Resource' function as well.

Dadparvar

Yes, I know. I would like this as part of the core. Once it is in the core, then we will see addon developers take advantage of the helper and implement a 'Move Content_Type_X to Resource' function as well.
Exactly. once something is core, majority of developers are OK to add similar functionality to their add-on.

Gladius

This really needs to be core, we couldn't use the RM normally without the above mod so often does the need for this come up.