1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move Share Options Farther to the top

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by BamaStangGuy, Jan 9, 2014.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

20 posts per page makes the share options almost useless. Please relocate them to the top or associate them with the first post in the thread somehow. I know I can edit templates. This needs to be addressed in the core though.

Jesepi, Mouth, ge66 and 9 others like this.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Ya Share is completely pointless way down there personally in my opinion too.

I've put the share this template in below the titlebar on thread_view only in the past myself.

3. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I just found a site that displays the social sharing icons in a more better way: http://www.taringa.net/posts/taringa/6037794/Ayuda-Tutoriales-e-Informacion-sobre-Taringa.html

As you can see, you have the title and immediately after you can share it with big buttons and see how many people already share. I think it's a better implementation compared to XenForo that basically hides the sharing options at the bottom of the thread view page.

Hope the devs could take this one in account for 1.4 final release as it's a minor tweak with a potential huge impact.

4. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

5. vij

vij Active Member

Is there any addon that does this? - move "facebook share" button to the first post?

6. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I also agree. I've moved mine to the top, and have them in the sidebar.

7. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Agreed.